Friends

This week I spoke to a friend about whether to continue with chemo or switch to alternative therapy to stop the poison going into her body and to regain some semblance of life quality. Thank goodness she decided to continue with modern medicine’s attempt at a cure; however I am encouraged by the fact that along with the chemo she will be introducing God’s nature into her fight against cancer. We do not know what all cures lie within nature but I figure that if God created it there has to be some curative properties in a plant based diet and natural vitamins.
Thursday I went to a parole hearing for a friend I met through a parent that works with me. Over the last two years I have personally witnessed God at work in this family. I have seen the young man in prison come to terms with his crime and begin to evaluate what life will be when he is released. He wants to be a good father and a good Christian of which I am convinced he will be both. We were hoping and praying that he would be released however the hopes were soon dashed when the hearing officer said those dreaded words “parole denied.” How does a person and a family continue to have hope that tomorrow will be better and that there is a blessing in this somewhere?
In yet another story this week a gentleman of whom I work with has a precious 14 year old daughter that is fighting desperately for her life due to an incurable disease of the lungs. This story has been unfolding for several years however according to the doctors the end is in sight. How does a 14 year old prepare to leave this earth to be with our Lord and how does a parent prepare themselves to give up their little girl?
This is life plain and simple in all its uncertainties and harsh realities. From the sidelines many people will say “I am praying for you”, or “don’t give up”, or have faith in Jesus, or the best is “if it is God’s will it shall happen.” Ok most people think those are the words everyone wants to hear and to some extent they do, but how about this; instead of saying I will pray for you stop and pray with them? Instead of saying have faith in Jesus how about sharing the gospel with them? Or instead of saying if it is God’s will how about helping them to find the love and grace of Christ and together pray for God’s will. Christ taught us that knowing God's will and living in obedience to that will is the key to it all! God is the potter; we are the clay. God keeps us spinning on His potter's wheel, shaping and reshaping us as He bathes our lives in tears to make us more Christ-like so He can use us for His will.
Can we make a difference? Can we be spiritual and emotional support to those around us in need? Can we help ourselves? So many questions we face to deal with the daily toils of life. In closing I will share this scripture passage. From Psalm 86, Give ear, O Lord, unto my prayer and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon you: for you will answer me.
Lord Jesus, restore my sight to your revelation and to your healing presence. Help me to walk according to your truth and to not stumble in the darkness of sin. May I help others find your healing light and saving presence, in your holy name we pray AMEN.

Comments

Popular Posts