My personal journal

Here it is Saturday and I have nothing to write. With your permission I am going to share an entry from my personal journal a few days ago.

Today as I was driving I noticed the amazing beauty of the trees, sure the leaves were missing and the overcast sky created a pale that some would find dreary. I don’t know, I see the awesome hand of you Lord, I see your magnificence in the way you arrange the seasons. Today I chose not to have any music on I just want to take in the scenery and think of how lucky and blessed I am to be a part of this great world.

On the trip back it begins to rain, a slow cold steady rain. Where does it come from? How do those pretty gray and white clouds produce the very water that brings forth life. Without the water we would not have the trees, flowers, grass, animals, or even human life. Lord you knew what you were doing and who am I to question it? Sometimes I feel so ashamed that I cannot recognize all that you have created. I get so consumed with the stress of life, which by the way we humans usually create, that I lose sight of the true beauty of the world you made for us.

Lord I pray often and I am not sure if it falls on deaf ears. Today, however I get it. I see it and feel it. You not only hear us Lord, you provide for us. I will shed my greed today and live for the love and peace of which you so generously gave me. I will more fully appreciate the needs of those around me. I will share your story Lord and your message of hope and salvation. I will be a better me.
Lord Jesus, you have called me personally by name, help me to be faithful to the gospel and loyal to you. Fill me with the joy of the The Holy Spirit and help me to be a good witness of your kingdom to others, in your holy name I pray AMEN

Comments

Popular Posts