Game Plan for life

Have you ever felt like you knew someone so well yet something happens or is said that makes you question everything you thought you knew? Going further, have you ever done things that make you question if you even know yourself? Then there are those times you walk aimlessly through life with no direction hoping to reach a destination you cannot see. Basically we are so lost and confused at times that the only thing we know to do is the same thing we did yesterday; and all that does is make us one day older and no closer to the goal we do not have.
A few weeks ago I met a man whom I was positive had his life in perfect balance. He had a high profile job of which he seemed to excel. He seemed to be in good physical health and he was active in his church and community. To top it off, he always spoke so passionately about his love for his family and then it happened. His fall from grace was sudden and it picked up momentum by the hour. By the time all the information had come out, it looked as though all was lost. I will admit I was hurt by the news but for some reason I had come to expect the unexpected. As my disappointment faded, I now found myself understanding his plight and wanting to reach out and help yet I knew not how.
All too often when the lives of others seem as though they are in perfect balance, it usually means that our own lives are not in order. I am currently reading a book entitled “A Game Plan for Life” by Coach Joe Gibbs. In this book, he tells of how coaching a team is like living life. Without a game plan you cannot win. In football or other professional sports, they spend hours and days preparing for the next game down to the minute details that ultimately determine the outcome. As Coach Joe says “never leave anything to chance”. Why then in life do we ignore the written game plan called the Bible?
No one has to walk aimlessly through life, lost and lonely. No one has to build a façade of their lives only to impress others. We do not have to do the same thing tomorrow as we did today just because it is all we know. I am urging you to make a game plan for life. Start simply by looking at where you are spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Then set aside a time to spend with God in his word. It can be one minute a day to begin. I am positive you will soon learn that there is more to life than wandering aimlessly toward a destination you do not know. In life there is only one game so play it well. Know the rules which can be found in the Bible and apply those rules to your every action. Mistakes and miscues will happen, some more severe than others. However with a solid faith foundation and being true to yourself there is nothing you cannot overcome. I believe you owe to yourself to rediscover the person you are and create a life plan that will guide you to the ultimate prize which is an eternal union with our father in Heaven.
Lord Jesus, fill me with your Holy Spirit and guide me in your way of life and truth. Free me from ignorance of your ways, and from deception caused by sinful pride and rebellion. May I love you wholly with all of my strength, mind, and will and seek to please you in all thing, in your holy name I pray AMEN
Peace to all
Dale Childress

Comments

Popular Posts