In dying she found life

It has been three weeks since my last meditation and many people have written to make sure I am ok. The answer is yes I am. I went to the doctor Friday and had my three month cancer test which much to the surprise of the doctor and myself it turned out good. I will be back in the writing routine next week so this week I would just like to share a story and get your thoughts.

I recently met a lady that was diagnosed with advanced terminal cancer. The conversation was the usual, how do you feel, what is your treatment, and are you in pain. Finally I ask the question I truly wanted the answer to which was “how do you feel emotionally and spiritually after your diagnoses. Without reservation she said that for her entire life she has sought how to live yet she always had to hide behind her sins. She went on to tell me that she felt like a prisoner in her own skin. Once cancer entered her life she found the courage to release herself from all past issues that were binding her and for once she knew how to live her life. She told me that for years Jesus Christ was just a name she used to convince people that she was a good faithful Christian. Now she has developed an open honest love filled relationship with her Lord. She concluded by telling me that she spent her whole life learning how to die and now that death is looming she finally learned how to live.

What will it take for you to grab this life and experience a relationship with Jesus Christ himself? Don’t wait for something bad to happen before you learn to live.

Next week I will be back in action writing some thought provoking meditations. Until then I hope you all have a blessed week.

Peace and love
Dale Childress

Comments

Popular Posts