Where is Jesus

If you can’t find Jesus, have you thought you might be in the wrong neighborhood? I read an article last week while traveling about a person who had been on a life long journey to find Jesus. He went all around the world in his search and his ultimate conclusion was that he still was not sure.

After reading that I wondered how much that applies to some of our lives. We search high and low for tangible proof that Jesus exists yet the one place we do not look is right inside our own hearts. This brings to mind the story in the Bible about doubting Thomas. Under no circumstance would he believe that Jesus had resurrected. Absolutely not, no way, can’t be, I DO NOT BELIEVE IT. Even with the pleas of Peter, Thomas would not hear of it unless he personally saw and touched the wounds of our Lord. Most of you know the rest of the story from John chapter 20, Jesus appeared to Thomas and had him touch the wounds which made him a believer. Thomas’ reply was “My Lord and My God”.

What do you think Thomas would say to folks today who search every neighborhood, church, country, and book to find the living Christ? I believe he would say to us that faith in our hearts and minds is the true, tangible proof of our Lord Jesus Christ. He would further tell us that it is Christ that places within us the ability to love, share, and care for those around us. It is Christ that gives us the emotions of pain when we are harmed by those close to us. It is Christ who gives us the conscience to realize that what we do is wrong even though we may go ahead and do it. It is Christ through the workings of the Holy Spirit that places people and circumstances in our lives that bring us back into community of the faithful. Thomas would conclude by telling us that we can expend much time and energy searching in all the wrong places. Our Lord and our God is with us always.

I know that in these secular times we all make decisions that we wish we had not made or we do things we wish we had not done. I even know people that are convinced that their sins are so grave that the grace of Christ could never cleanse them. Friends, that is exactly why Christ came to dwell with us and in us. I have said it before and I will say it again, there is no sin too big and bad for Jesus Christ. Start right now, where you are, with what you have, and invite Christ to come alive in your heart and mind. There is no limit to what you can do when you join forces with the true Savior of humanity. Do not allow others to rob you of your energy or life with their gossip, lies, and deceit. I remember when Jesus said to give to Ceaser what is Caeaser’s and give to God what is God’s. I challenge you right now to give all your grief back to the angel of darkness and give your love and peace to the angel of light, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Life is truly great when you are living a dream and yours can start today.

Lord Jesus, may the joy and truth of the gospel transform my life that I may witness it to those around me. Grant that I may spread your truth and your light wherever I go

Peace and joy
Dale Childress

Comments

Popular Posts