Stages of life "He Lifted my Burdens Away"

Why is it so difficult to be prepared for the simple stages in life? We have so much time to watch reality TV or instant message on social media sites but we do not have time to prepare for life’s what if’s.

Next week I will be part of a Christian motivation seminar and as prepared as I think I am I also realized I am not prepared at all. As I go through the stories I plan to share, each with a heartwarming special message that will touch those in attendance I began to notice that God was preparing me for my stages in life as well.

The more I prepared the louder the message hit home. It is now clear that what I plan to say is not as important as the actions I take. Think about that in your own life. We are all so good at talking and giving advice yet it falls on deaf ears when our actions are not in line with our words. That should make us dive deeper and ask if our stage is surrounded by darkness or is it illuminated with light.

A couple weeks ago I found a CD that on the surface looked blank. It had no label or writing so out of curiosity I decided to insert it in the stereo to see if actually was blank. The lone song on this homemade CD was called “He Lifted My Burdens Away”. Let me share the opening verse.

I tried everything to find peace in my soul
Climbing the wrong mountains
And taking the wrong roads
Surrounded by a wall so high it hid the light of day
Then I gave my heart to Jesus
And HE LIFTED MY BURDENS AWAY

I bet you can relate to the words in this song. Have you tried everything to find peace in your soul? Do you feel surrounded by a wall so high it hides the light of day? Where is your preparation for life taking you? Is it to have a bigger house but no home, better job but no life, or more hobbies but no relationships? These are questions to ponder as you climb on or off the stages of your life.

You see Jesus helps us daily prepare for the stages of life. Whether that stage is speaking, listening, helping, loving, playing, or praying the ultimate goal is to share the kingdom of Christ in all we do. Remember what Francis of Assisi said “preach the Gospel at all times and if that fails use words”. Hence the saying actions speak louder than words.

What are you doing on your stage in life? That question is now ringing loud in my head. I think I will give my heart to Jesus so he can lift my burdens away.

peace and grace
Dale Childress
dchildress@livinadream.com

Comments

Popular Posts