Awe Factor

Today I just wanted to appreciate life and all the awesome beauty that goes along with it. This morning when I walked out to get the newspaper even though it was already a bit warm it was still a beautiful time to be admiring creation. Once I got the positive news out of the paper, which by the way did not take long, I thought it would be a good time to go out for my early run. The traffic was calm and even though the humidity was high it was still an enjoyable experience. I was in a good place to really get the most out of life this morning.

Once I got back home I sit down at my desk to write my reflections. As I wrote it occurred to me how truly fortunate I was to be able to do those simple task that brought me pleasure this morning. After a few minutes of being lost in thought I wondered how we as The Livin A Dream Champions of Hope Movement could somehow allow others to experience the same awe factor I had.

First I had to identify what were the obstacles blocking peoples view of a better life. In order for someone to  experience the awe factor they first must realize that they do not currently have it. We are conditioned to replace the simple task in life with the exotic, highly technical, sensory overload, and over the edge adventures. So many times in our journey through life we too get caught up in these pleasure pressure points and our view of the simple becomes so cloudy it is almost impossible to see much less appreciate. So obviously to change this was going to be a work in process.

When we are living life at the speed of sound just the mere thought of slowing down to smell the roses seems impossible. I know that I, nor anyone, can change a person's life but we can change the way they view life and that should allow the needed changes to occur. Our view of the life we live is so skewed at times that we lose the ability to see the beauty around us. We get nearsighted and seek only that which is close by and forgetting that which is at arms reach. If we allow ourselves to get to farsighted we seek that which is so far away that the mere thought of seeing something right in front of us almost seems foreign.

The task of helping others see the awe in awesome is daunting. The simplicity of making sure your schedules are so overloaded that you never have time to experience awe is very easy to do. The difficult thing is to say no to task that can take you away from allowing you to join in one with nature and God's creation. When the union of God's kingdom here on earth is an intruder to your mind and heart it is time to slow down because you are numb to the world you live in.

I can't do this for you but I can tell you that great things await your life when you start saying no to task that are nothing but time fillers and start saying yes to truly simple awesome things in life. Who would have thought going to get the newspaper would lead me to write a reflection? I believe if we give ourselves permission to see the grandeur in the smallest menial task we will be on the road to recovery from pleasure seeking addiction.

Join me as I enjoy the awe factor, the same peace and joy is waiting for you. As I close I want everyone to remember this little Latin phrase that I recite to myself daily "semper reformanda" which simply means we are always reforming. There you have it the reformation movement. We are The Champions of Hope.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts