A lot of nothing

I love to write but sometimes I wonder if I have anything worthwhile to write about. I am sitting here at my computer listening to the sounds of nature as the rain falls and the thunder rolls. Is that something to write about? I just read a post on facebook about a dear friend that is struggling as she watches her husband succumb to cancer, should I write about that. There are so many things that can influence a quick write but for some reason today I search for words and can't come up with any. I feel at peace yet search for the meaning of the word.

Let me just allow my thoughts to roll out and see what we get. Last night I spent some time with a friend and we shared some wonderful spiritual conversations. She, like me, is always in search of life's meaning. There are times we find what we think we are looking for in the church we attend. At others time it seems as though we lose that feeling in the same place we thought we found it. I think we concluded that the search is life long  but some of the lessons should be applied daily. As time slipped away and we knew we had to conclude our conversation we had that, hey wait there is one more thing thought. She said, "if peace and love truly is the answer then why do we spend all of our time and energy trying to get away from it." Woo that is thought provoking isn't it?

Why do we have to be so divided? The on thing Christ wanted was unity. There are churches in the world that claim to want unity but do they really. With unity comes acceptance and with acceptance comes love and forgiveness and trust me that is not a combination that draws money and attention which means unity is simply a pipe dream. Don't believe me well think long and hard about where you put your spiritual faith based resources and then look at where your church puts it as well.

I say let's create a dream and follow it where ever it may lead. When others claim to want unity but spread hate and division let's find a way to love them too. I think we can prove that love is stronger than hate. Heck the only reason hate is so popular is because we are so inundated with mass media that tries hard to shape our thoughts. Ever news show wants to incite debate that leads to more divisiveness among people. We are strong enough to move people to love I truly believe that.

I told you I had nothing to write about today but hey there is always tomorrow and I am confident with it will come new opportunities. Hey you write the next blog or at least send me some positive ideas to work with.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts