Chick Fil A

Let me be clear on something, I eat at Chick Fil A often but it has nothing to do with what the company does or does not stand for. I actually like my number three spicy chicken sandwich meal. I do however think it is cool that they support Christian values and they are not ashamed to say so. But when does that support get confused and go too far? In my humble opinion anything that incites people to act in such a way that promotes hate or prejudice is wrong and does not promote the values Christ walked this earth to spread.


When Christ began his ministry his message was "repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". As he went about preaching and teaching his message was consistent, be humble, take care of the poor, love God, love your neighbor, love yourself, take care of the sick and widows, etc. His message was about promoting peace and love while worshiping God.


Consider the lady that committed adultery, when Jesus ask her "where did your accusers go", he then went on to say "if they do not condemn you neither do I, go and sin no more". The reason this parable is so famous is because of the words Jesus uses to the accusers "the one of you without sin cast the first stone".


If it is so important for people to lash out in a so called gentle safe way against the gay community or other groups you do not like or agree with, how about using the same actions against people that have sex out of wedlock, I wonder how many straight people would fall into that category. I would venture to say that a large majority if not 100% of the people in those long lines at Chick Fil A either are enjoying sex without being married or has a child or friend that is and probably many are living together. Wonder if we should start a movement about that since it is obviously against Christian values. Come on now let's not stick our head in the sand and pretend like this does not happen. 


The sad thing about all of this is how we as a modern sophisticated society think we are elevating Christ when the truth is we are making a mockery of what Christianity once was. Our values are only surface deep and we only support them when we can point them away from ourselves. Believe me when I say this, no one in those long lines wants the spotlight aimed at their bones in the closet.


The only point I am trying to get across is to love each other even in our differences. It is ok to not agree with the position of a group or sexual orientation. Heck we do not agree on much as a society and that is our God given right. We have a choice to separate ourselves from things we do not agree with and that too is fine as long as it is not done in a hate spiteful manner.


I want everyone to know that I am not against Chick Fil A and I certainly am not against Christian values. I myself try hard to elevate the peace and love of Christianity as often as I can. Remember God is the creator of all whether they be gay, straight, blind, mentally handicapped, born without limbs or whatever. All people deserve to be loved even when we do not agree nor like what they stand for or who they are. 


I have an idea, let's all make tomorrow a day to celebrate Peace and Love and let's do it in the name of Christ because when we promote love we do it for the right reasons. If you want to cast stones make sure the one of you without sin throws the first one. Until then from one hippie to another "love will find a way".


peace to you
Dale










































Comments

Popular Posts