Dreams I will never see

This week I have been in a funk and not sure why. It seems like my little dream world I try to escape too was not available. I had all the negative thoughts creeping slowly into my brain creating doubt about literally everything. Finally I dug deep down and fought off the illusion that my life was going no where.

I bet there are days you wonder why the heck did I even get up. If you catch yourself saying "mirror mirror on the wall do I have a chance at all" you better just go back to bed and try again later. No seriously, life can deal us blows when we least expect them. You can read all the cool quotes on social media and hear the positive messages that I love to spout off but in the end some days you just want to be left alone to waller in your own self pity especially when the pall of doom is cast over you first thing in the morning.

Let's switch gears for a moment since we have lost our dreams anyway. If our quest for the Holy Grail has taken us down a dirt road how about we turn around and go another direction. I often see people that say "I can't quit now I am too old", or "what difference does it make I don't have the money anyway". That is all stinking thinking that places a stone of steel on your soul that is near impossible to shake off.

We have to be dreamers. Yes I hit a big bump in the road the last few days but I have my stride back now. What are you going to do tomorrow that is different than today? Are you going to allow the world to wreck your dreams again and blame it on some unsuspecting soul? No, you are going to get up look into that same mirror and say "mirror mirror on the wall, it is true I am the grandest of them all". You will see the look on the person staring back from the glass and he or she will be smiling and once again the dream is alive. 
We are not dream killers we are dream makers. We do not seek the view from the mountain side we seek the view from the top. The climb is an arduous task no doubt but it is hard to appreciate the beauty until you reach the summit.

Dreams I will never see??????????? No way I am fighting for the right to dream everyday. The devil may think he has me but the truth is that God made me the dreamer I am and I plan to go full force to make every moment better than the one before. 

Come on shake off the dust and get some life back in them bones.

peace to you

Dale

Comments

Popular Posts