Get by with a little help from my friends

Let the sun shine into your heart and enlightened the peace in your day. Can I indulge you for a few minutes and see if we can work together to make that first sentence a reality. Let's pretend that we can set aside all the busy work of the day as well as the things you knew for sure were going to cause you frustration today. Instead we are going to simply enjoy each breath we take and be thankful for being able to do so.

Remember the Seals and Crofts song "Summer Breeze"? I love the chorus and this is a nice time to share those words "Summer Breeze makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind". Forget that it is hot outside instead focus on the awesome wonder of what you can't see which is the wind blowing the summer warmth. God resides in the wind yet so often we are too busy to sense it.

Stay with me just a few more minutes as we dive back into another song that relates everything I want to say this morning. In the summer of 69 Joe Cocker sang the song "With a little help from my friends". The opening lines in that song can define some aspects of life that are missing today. Relax and let these words resonate through you and I promise today will be a great day.

What would you do if I sing out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me
Admit it folks our lives are always out of tune and the sad truth is that we walk out on others as well as ourselves all too frequently. God made us finite sinful people by nature by this wonderful thing called free will. We were given the ability to chose love over anything else. Knowing that we sing out of tune often remember so does our family and friends. We can't just stand up and walk out because the best music may only be seconds away. If we were given the ability to choose love and we believe it then we have the choice to live it and that means singing your best regardless of the tune. The person that suffers the most from walking out is you so please give peace, love and God one more chance.

Lend me your ear and I will sing you a song, I will try not to sing out of key
Those words alone say so much. Everyone truly has the desire to help others but life beats us down to the point that all we are focused on is our inability to sing in tune. Society tends to magnify our weaknesses which in turn reduces our strengths. That is not love.
 There is an old saying that I think personifies this message "a gift should be received in the manner in which it was given". That means that the heart and soul of generosity is found in the heart of the giver. Who cares if there is someone that can hammer a nail better or faster. What difference does it make if you push mow the yard verses ride. The point is when someone offers you a hand and you are in need accept it in the manner in which it is given. The reward is in the gift heart of the gift not the quality of the work.

Remember folks these final words "I get by with a little help from my friends"


Alright now you have had your daily meditation so let's go out and let the sun shine in. Your heart deserves some peaceful rest and only you can decide to provide it.

peace to you
Dale


Comments

Popular Posts