I SWITCHED

I switched-I just can't be religious anymore, from this point forward I am going to be faithfully spiritual. Now I will still go to church but I will go to develop my faith and not my religious affiliation. So, why the change? In short because I wanted to discover The Holy Spirit in me and God around me. I wanted to experience the miracles of life and the awe of nature. I wanted to discover the fruits of the Bible instead of them being unveiled for me. Most of all I needed to find me and allow myself to seek out the God potential that I know lies inside.

I read about so many people that say they struggle with their faith. I have come to the conclusion after some lengthy discussions that it isn't the faith they are struggling with as much as the instrument they have chosen to develop it. For most people faith is built or destroyed by what you see and here by church members or clergy. We elevate people on life's shaky platforms only to shout with joy when they fall. That action and reaction can't help but to make your faith weak.

Most people reading this have that rebellious side to them that is just fighting to escape. It is in that characteristic or trait that faith can be developed. Think about how shallow faith can be. You go to church and you get HOLY for a few weeks or months. Something starts to go wrong and you see the humanity in the people you were in the holy club with. All the sudden your God like nature starts to ebb away and you realize that being radical got you further than being holy. The sad thing about this is that you stop searching for that spiritual faith and just start taking life as it comes. I believe God seeks the rebel in us to go out and make the world a better place.

You know yourself if you have kids or been around them that God made us to be curious. These little kids have never been exposed to religion yet they have this awesome curious nature. As adults we do our best to suppress it so we can bring them into the fold of being normal by the standards society has set. Every now and then one of those kids breaks free for life because they have people of influence that allows them to explore the God spirit in them. These are the people that go on to move and shake the world. Others are left to a life of frustration and search for man's meaning of life. Many times as the years fly by the ones that lost or had their curiosity suppressed are the very one's that end up with a cold lonely heart.

Man's search for meaning will never be found inside the walls of a church building. The search must start with the self God gave us. I always tell people that I love going to church and I honestly do. Now though I make sure that I seek the nuggets of gold in what I see and hear at church. I do not want to be religious anymore because it incites to much bitter division. I want to be a spiritual person that is always developing my faith. I do not want to separate myself from people because they do not support the same religion I claim too. I want to pull people together in search for a common denominator which is peace and love.

When people are allowed to develop the music that resides inside them great sounds will come out. All to often we are influenced by so many people around us to become this or that and in the end we stifle who we could have been. This is what leads people to do desperate things or worse do nothing at all. God created you with the ability to choose right and wrong. God created in you the ability to love and accept. When things go against the so called natural order bad things usually happen. People become zombies locked in the tombs that others have so graciously built for us.

You want to grow your faith then seek where you have placed God inside you. If during this search you find yourself inciting anger, division, or hate then you know you found the devil so please keep looking. God is in your heart you just have to give yourself permission to unlock that which has been tucked away for to long.

In closing I must emphasize that I in no way am speaking out against churches. I started off by saying that I can't be religious anymore. It is my goal to always be in search of The Holy Spirit in me and I personally must do so without the influence of religious affiliation. Church is filled with golden nuggets that we all need so go and seek them out just be sure to take control of your own faith formation instead of leaving it to be developed by others. By the way you just might enjoy your new search for self. You will find that this wonderful search will last longer than two hours after you leave church, this search will be fruitful for a lifetime.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts