Peaceful times

What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me

I love that line from Joe Cocker's famous song "With a Little Help from my Friends". I sing it to myself all the time and I can put so much meaning in those words and I bet you can too. Go with me on this for a few minutes and let's see what we can come up with.

Life is like an old fashion radio that is in constant need of tuning. You know what happens when you get under a bridge or turn the wrong direction or a storm blows in you have to adjust the dial to get your station back in tune. Consider if your life was like a song being sung and as time went on you got a little out of tune with the world around you. Maybe you hit a prosperous time in life and others viewed that as you being out of touch with them. Or it could be that a job loss, illness, shattered dream, or broken relationship caused your music to be sung out of tune. It could even be something personal and private that is causing your life to be so filled with static that tuning it would seem an impossible task. Well let's look at the second part of that opening line, "would you stand up and walk out on me".

I have seen so many people lose it all because they walked out too soon on themselves, a family member, or friend. Life will get out of tune that you can depend on and hopefully those are the times we get a little help from our friends to help us adjust the dial back to good quality music. The easiest thing to do is to walk out. I think right now in our instant gratification society you are only as good or as important as the last thing you did or said. People walk out with total abandon because the song they were hearing was not the tune they thought it was. Remember to have a friend you must first be a friend. To find love in your heart and soul it has to be open to love. If you stand up and walk out when the going gets tough trust me you will always struggle to have friends and to enjoy the feelings of love.

The next line of the song is one of my favorite, check it out

Lend me your ear and I will sing you a song and I will try not to sing out of key

That almost sounds like someone begging to help with what little they have. To me it is almost like a desperate friends plea asking to help yet in your eyes they have nothing to help with. That line reminds me of true love and true friendship feelings. I bet you recall friends that over time were either above your socioeconomic status or you were above theirs (so you thought) and life simply separated you. But when your song was out of tune and everyone walked out they walked back in. True friends can be separated by years and miles but the true love and heart is always waiting to reach out and reconnect.

I love this song as I am sure most people do. It is one of those songs that can change meanings all the time and usually brings warmth to the heart. You see in life we truly do get by "with a little help from our friends". When the going gets tough and the dust settles it is the friends in your life that will matter the most. Sure family will always be family and the will love you no matter what but the real test of your life is when friends rally to adjust the dial when you are out of tune.

I truly do get by with a little help from my friends, how about you

peace and love
Dale

































Comments

Popular Posts