Could it be magic

This morning I looked back at some of the titles of reflections I have written. Then I decided I would take a few minutes and read a few of them. I can see in some of the writings my mood or attitude that influenced each one. The will to win was my call to action to fight back against all obstacles and prove to myself that a life is a terrible thing to waste. I will admit at times finding that will to win is tough but some how I dug deep enough to keep going.

In my struggles trying to understand the connection between church and spirituality I wrote Country Club. Looking back it was written out of sadness and anger all at the same time. I felt that churches today were more for the elite or at least people that could or would contribute money. I felt in my heart that the seeking out and healing of lost souls was a long forgotten passion of churches. I also wrote on that same subject something called I switched and I am no longer a Christian. In my search for meaning I was amazed at how many people shared similar thoughts. For the record I am still a Christian in training.

I also have written about heaven and hell, being in deep water, the devil made me do it, suicide abortion or life, and one of my all time favorites one called Jennifer. As I sit hear reflecting back on this I found that the greatest impact on me and others was when I wrote from the heart and was honest about my feelings. People would write to me when I would let myself be me because they could relate to the emotions I was feeling spiritually and emotionally. It was those human moments that bound us together. Now as I write I try to stay true to self and not write something just to see if it is popular.

Right now I feel warmth in knowing that over the  years I have shared some emotions that somehow connected me to thousands of people. I, like you, have a relatively normal life but I have dreams to just like you. I dream of a peaceful world absent of all the bitter divisive things that separate us. When I wrote about Jennifer sometime back I remember what she told me, "if you do not have hope in the future you cannot have power in the present". This was from a woman that died three weeks after I met her. She lived a rough life but died with a peaceful heart. She truly had hope in the future and as her hours of life faded away she somehow found power in the present.

Five years ago I decided to stop dying and start living. Now as I write and seek out a better place for tomorrow my hope in today is bright. I no longer seek the acceptance of a church building I now seek out the unity of faith community. I no longer write what I feel makes me fit in, I now write where my heart and soul direct me.

There is no magic carpet ride in life but there is a ride none the less. If you are struggling with emotional and spiritual warfare take some time to reflect on the path your life is on. I hope you can see that life is a terrible thing to waste and you can make the small steps to regain the dreams you may have lost.

This reflection is one of those that has meaning to me and I hope you can find an ounce of gold in it as well.

I am going to live a dream today or do my best trying anyway.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts