The Essence of Being

Yesterday as I was driving I got to thinking about the essence of our being. My thoughts went from deep in my attempt to understand why we do what we do to shallow as I sought to figure out the opposite of why we do not do something. The totality of being is often lost in our translucent escape from reality.

This thought or idea has plagued me for years. It is like that awesome dream you have right before waking up but you seem to forget the best details in your conscience state. Is this part of the spiritual road map God places us on in the hopes we will make the proper turns at the right times. I often catch myself saying "it is what it is", but then I wonder how accurate that statement is. Maybe in our dissolving of daily mind clutter some of the good gets flushed out with the bad. What I mean is this, we attract negative thoughts all day long and at times we lose those dark moments when something else catches our senses. In this transfer of thought the good that was rising to the top can get shuffled away as the negative files itself in the back portions of the brain.

Sure this writing seems strange but think about it before you give up on it. You dream, you forget. You plan, but do not act. You talk but never walk. The best though that validates my point is the outward expression of a faith that inward you do not believe at all.

Now I have your attention. I had to use the working of the human mind to bring you down the page to the real meaning I was trying to get to. Now relax on the remainder of this journey and let your brain go to where others say it should never go.

Do you believe in God? Is the God of your imagination one that provides miracles, suffering, direction, retaliation, or what? Your perception of God more than likely is a moving target. It can range from you thinking, why did God create me to think like this, why am I s0 different, why does no one understand me. Or you may think or pray something like this, God if your are real please help me, show me a sign, give me something to cling to. It gets better, there will be times when you are loving life living large and proclaiming with a loud proud voice how BLESSED YOU ARE. And finally there will be those times when you even wonder of God exist at all, is it nothing but a fairy tale that brings us hope to live a life beyond death.

The humanity of spirituality and faith is something I so wish could be explored with entrepreneurial energy. I will say emphatically that God does exist. This is not all by chance caused from some cosmic bang. This was an intentional creation just like you were. What I also believe is that our quest to find God in us gets lost by following the lead of people and groups that share a system of faith that makes no sense at all.

Christ did indeed walk this earth, I believe with all my heart that he raised within his disciples the courage to believe and explore the depths of who they are, what they are, and why the exist. As time went on and the commercialization of Christianity rose the real quest for being was lost.

The love of God lies in your heart and soul. The exploration and exploitation of that love is developed by the information you allow into your mind. It can be so negative at times creating false thoughts that if a person or group does not think or act like you they are going to this place called hell. Conversely when allowing the spirit of Christ to stir you it can shape your mind into a loving peaceful person that can move mountains. You see the same God that created you also created the incredible minds of the people that invented things that most would say were impossible. My point to this is to believe in the essence of your being. We were created to be special, to be individual, to dream, to create, to move the world in which we live in a positive direction.

If you believe as I do that we were created with a free will then please do not lose that freedom to a bondage that ties you down. If you believe as I do that Christ truly suffered and died for your spiritual freedom and salvation then please do not waste your mind and life following in a direction that excludes people to the point it creates hate and division. Allow yourself the freedom to be you. It is true that we are all as unique as the snowflake. There will never be another you. The only person that can give you permission to open the gates of peace and love is you. It can start by simply forgiving and accepting that other people are human too.

We all know people that have died young with their music still in them. Life can change in an instant so go out and sing your music today. Show an expression of love to all you come in contact with. Believe with all your heart that God is in those around you. He is not some magical imaginary super hero in the sky. God is in you and in everyone else you will see today. If you want to shape the essence of your being then give hope a chance, give you a chance, and most of all give God a chance. Life is to precious to waste so let's get going.

peace to you
Dale







































Comments

Popular Posts