Majesty

I was driving home yesterday and even though it was  hot outside I had an overwhelming thought of how beautiful life really is. As I sunk further into this meditative trance I drove past my street so I could continue this feeling of awe for a few more minutes. The funny thing is nothing really drew me into this state other than staring out at the majesty of creation.

For those few minutes I was able to relive some moments in life that I was not proud of. Since those thoughts had made their way to the frontal lobe of my brain I figured the goal from God was for me to let it go. Not being able to fully absorb that I caught myself saying "REALLY LET IT GO" and that is when I felt the true presence of God basically confirming the YES.

The ride was only 15 minutes at the most however the release was a lifetime of pent up pain that was causing my skeletal frame to be weighed down. I thought surely I can't let go of all the hurt I have caused people. Then the thought came back that said "what about the good that you have done for folks". Then it became clear that I could do more good if I were able to let go of the bad. So this is how God works I thought to myself. I have heard people say that God spoke to them but I will have to admit if I heard an audible voice from God himself that would probably send me over the edge. For me it was the circumstances and thoughts that created the God like situation that facilitated my freedom from past.

As the drive neared completion and the release had been done another thought crept its way in. Why after all these years have I not lived the dreams and passions that have rattled around inside me? As I pulled in the driveway and stepped out of my vehicle I just stood there feeling the warm breeze and I noticed the smile that was developing. The past is gone as are the boat anchors that weighed me down. I am free to choose and the choice was so obvious as I watched the two squirrels run abound a tree. Go back to the past and live with the bones of fear that only dwell in my brain or take the step of faith and move into the future with the care and compassion that will make those long lost dreams come true.

The majestic beauty that makes up this world is all around us. It becomes near impossible to see when our eyes are clouded with bitterness and anger for what the day might be like. The pain that most days bring are a manifestation of what we think others will do that they should not. Let it all go was the message I got and today I will do my best to live life much lighter than I did yesterday. I will find the good in others. I will give myself the freedom to release all the chains of bondage that have held me back for years. No longer will my actions sabotage my future because my mind as well as others have convinced me that I am not worthy. I am free to live the life God desired for me
.
You can be free to. If some past offense has you held back let it go. There is no future in yesterday.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts