The Cross Roads of life

I struggled to figure out which way to go as I sit at the cross roads of life. Like any four way stop I had options, go straight ahead, go right, go left, or go back. The problem for me was that each seemed like foreign territory. When I was thinking out the twist and turns i forgot to calculate some of the obstacles I would face which now places me smack down in the middle of not knowing what to do.

Life has me frozen in my tracks. Of my own making of course but none the less I face the mountains with little to no preparation for the climb. Straight ahead seems to be absolute disaster even though yesterday it seemed the only way to go. Left or right may steer me where I need to go but they are both uncharted paths with only my imagination concocting where the road may lead. No one can think of going back because it makes you think of men in battle retreating as the enemy encroaches. So what do I do? Sit and sit and sit, the four way stop or cross roads in life seemed so grand as I studied the fantasy of it all in my mind however the stark reality of circumstances that lead to this finality of choices has me totally frozen in fear and lacking the courage or dignity to face the life ahead.

Peter did not intend to deny Christ, matter of fact if you had ask him he would have told you that he would lay down his life for his master. He loved following in the footsteps of the Son of Man. As he walked along with his friends a smile came across his face as he recalled the evening Jesus had called him to walk on water. His faith made it happen yet his humanity and fear sunk him. Oh the choices, why, why does it have to be this way.

The cross roads are everywhere but this one had to be the most difficult. If I can walk on water I can certainly have the courage to acknowledge that I am a believer in the person of Jesus. The test came not once, not twice, but three times and I failed each one he thought. Each decision wrought out the fear and doubt my lack of faith brain set before me.

What is your cross road in life, what is the albatross that holds you back from being the best you possible. Is it the bad choice, the wrong road, the stupid decision, the memories, or fears, or all the other things the devil uses to keep the chains of bondage around your neck. You do not deserve to be free of the past, you do not deserve the feeling of being forgiven, your past will haunt you forever and you have no hope for tomorrow so go ahead waller at the cross roads and do nothing because you have no future. If this is what plays out in your head day in day out hour after hour you know the feeling of being trapped in a life that has you facing the wall of darkness instead of the open miracles of light.

Many of lives have been lost sitting at the cross roads. No where to go but down so I sit and wait for a future that has no hope. The life could have been saved if our Christian heritage could have allowed forgiveness or simply a second chance.

Think for a moment about the cross roads in your life. Do they seem hopeless or does each turn seem filled with wonderful possibilities of a brighter tomorrow. As we go about our day as so called Christians it is our responsibility to help people that are facing that fear of going forward or turning back. We can bind them with baggage of yesterday or offer them freedom from their sins as the model of which Christ gave us. The road before each of us will be paved by the forgiving spirit of others. Trudging ahead all alone may feel good for a mile or two but you can darn sure bet the break down dead ahead will lead to yet another failure in your eyes only.

Go straight, turn left, turn right, or go back? All decisions we face at the Cross Road. Start your spiritual exercise today so you can build your strength and endurance to face the decisions ahead. Remember with proper preparation all reads lead to HOPE. Help others to help themselves and in turn it will help you.

peace to you
Dale




































Comments

Popular Posts