Power of Positive thinking

I blog about spirituality, faith, peace, love, and now today I am going to include the power of positive thinking. So many people think being positive is way overrated especially in this day and age. It seems as though every direction we turn something negative is being pushed in our face AND sometimes we are the ones doing the pushing.

What does it take to be positive? Simply put it takes confidence being you. Keep in mind when the sun sets and the water stops boiling and you lay your head down you are ALL you have. The body you have been given with all of its cracks and wrinkles is all you have total control of. So lets see how important it is to control it in a positive manner.

When things are going bad surely you would think that facing it with a positive attitude would have a much better outcome than facing with a negative one. Heck let's have some fun. Let's say you are going in for a major surgery and the doctor has a horrible attitude about everything. He hates his job, life sucks, insurance doesn't pay enough, the nurse is ugly and he is about to operate on you. Now I can't say with certainty that his negative attitude would impact his ability to cut and sew but for me I would much rather him put me at ease with a positive attitude. I bet you feel the same as I do on that one.

Consider how others see you. If you are constant whiner and complainer do you really think you have a chance at attracting the mover and shaker positive people. Come on now it is the negative people that the heavy hitters in life migrate totally away from. If that is who you are you might wonder why some opportunities in life have passed you by.

Most of you that have read my blog long enough know that I am a five year cancer survivor which was considered a miracle when I was diagnosed. I attribute my good fortune to my positive outlook on life. For the most part all cancer fighters develop a positive outlook relatively quick or they simply do not make it. A negative attitude can lead to an early death while a positive attitude can lead to life. As a cancer fighter I learned early on that hope is the key to survival and honestly all hope is lost when all you see is negative. Whether you face physical cancer or an emotional one being positive will create hope.

Back to your personal attitude for a moment. If you are the chronic woo is me type person that has everyone convinced that everything bad happens to you I can almost bet that the friends you hang with have the same attitude. Birds of a feather do flock together and yes misery loves company. BUT guess what positive energy breeds more of the same. Be positive, be happy, share a sign of peace, change your life NOW and the best part of it all is that it starts with a choice. It doesn't matter if you are dead broke, poor health, over weight, etc. No matter what you are facing I am totally confident that facing it with a positive attitude will have a much better outcome than facing it with a negative one. You honestly have nothing to lose and everything to gain by changing the way you view life.

Join the peace movement, don't worry be happy. Live a little, get on the edge of life a see what that view looks like. Remember time is precious and a life is a terrible thing to waste.

peace to you
dale

Comments

Popular Posts