What I believe.

Today through an email someone ask me the profound question, "what do you believe". Short question however I knew exactly what they were talking about. My faith journey like many of you has been a roller coaster ride for many years. Not so much the ups and downs as much as the twist and turns. My faith and spirituality has always been solid but my religion has ebb and flowed. 

I figured out sometime back that affiliations leave to many people outside the zone if you will. I have been writing this blog now for a long time and heard from countless people that in their own words have been cast out. What do I mean? Do you remember last year when I wrote a blog called "Country Club". It was written about churches and people that elevate themselves above others in the name of faith. The Country clubbers maybe not intentionally but they do leave people on the outside because they are not a card carrying, prada toting, dress to the hilt Christians. 

Sounds a bit harsh and maybe it is but I am answering the question of what I believe. Here it is, I believe in love. I believe people have inherent good in them until society and others drain it out of them. I believe in the true model of Christ who taught love and forgiveness. I believe in Matthew 25 where we are called to help each other. I believe in peace. 

I love life, I love to have a good time, I love a glass of wine and going to a movie. I really love running, swimming, reading, and working out. I love my friends and family and people from all walks of life. I am not prejudice towards people that are different than I am. I believe that hopes and dreams are missing but can be found and rebuilt. 

Oh I also love writing my blog about spirituality. I love hearing from all the people from around the world that take a moment to write to me. 

For the record I believe in everyone reading this. I hope you have the courage to believe in yourself. Stand up and be counted your life matters. One last thing I truly do believe in the goodness of churches that promote a message of love, peace, forgiveness, and acceptance. Jesus did not call us to become members of brick and mortar he called us to become members of his body, and he his own words "where two or more I gathered I am present". I BELIEVE.

that was fun, please email me and let me know what you believe. 

Comments

Popular Posts