Hello God, I can't hear you

This has been an interesting week for email questions. One that stuck out to me, which I have been asked it several times in the past yet avoided trying to answer it is, "has God ever spoken to you".

I know this is as deep as it is wide and my answer will have no theological basis. This is 100% coming from my thoughts. I do realize that each person reading this has had others tell them that God told them to do something. Hey, maybe it has happened to you. I will not say that it has not happened, it just hasn't happened to me.

I can without reservation say that God has never spoken to me in what others describe as audible. I have never felt God spoke to me in a silent whisper. I can't say for sure that God has ever placed something on my heart. I can for sure say that God never opened the Bible for me to a particular page. By now you are probably thinking that I have absolutely no relationship with God at all. On the contraire I believe I have a deep relationship with our God. Let me attempt to answer the question as well as explain my connection to God.

I believe in people, I believe in love, happiness, forgiveness, acceptance. God is in all of these virtues. I believe God placed within us the ability to love one another, feel emotions, express joy, pain, confusion, heartbreak, etc. God is in us every step of the way. I cannot separate myself from God which must mean I am connected at the hip. Like the little conscience that sits on our shoulder. We know right from wrong, good from bad. We know because it is inherent in us. Keeping on with my belief I am convicted that God built each of us for accomplishment. We are endowed with the seeds of greatness. We matter because God made us.

Now with all that out of the way it is my choice every minute of every day to utilize that which God gave me. I do not expect strange voices in my head or my imagination to think I am hearing whispers that do not exist. Keep in mind killers say that God told them to do things. God gave us what we need, it is up to us to use it.

We know that to be good at something we must practice it. That goes for love and forgiveness, those God given virtues I spoke of. We cannot allow ourselves to be saddled by the bad news of the day. The sun rises and the sun sets and it is up to us to make each day the best it can be.

Flipping this upside down, I do however believe that God has placed in motion circumstances that can guide us back when our paths get cloudy. I believe people come into our lives at opportune times to prove to us that we matter and we can be loved. Love is a powerful thing and inside the molecules of love resides God.

We do not need to ask God for a sign, which by the way Jesus rebuked people for such actions. Please do not minimize yourself by saying things like, "God if you can hear me prove it". Remember the proof is in your existence, God does not need to do more. The rest is up to us.

Do I believe in GOD? You bet I do. I believe with all my heart that every person has good in them. It is up to you and I to believe that. For us to have happiness, joy, and contentment we must help others find the same thing. God doesn't need to speak to me in an audible voice because I know as long as I am breathing he is in me. You and I were created to be something special. We can and will make a difference. Do not wait for the voice from heaven to point you in the direction, instead use what was given to you from the beginning. Love thy neighbor as thy self.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts