Wounded


Are you a wounded warrior?

Is the rope you are dangling from fraying to the point of breaking? I wish I had magical words that could make everyone's pain go away but I can't.

This morning I got an email from a lady suffering from pancreatic cancer. Unless you are in her shows you can't imagine the emotional and spiritual pain and confusion she is going through. She is a wounded warrior.

After posting my blog this morning I got an email from a lady that says her life is out of control to the point of giving up. She is in fact a wounded warrior and the light at the end of her tunnel is a freight train in her eyes.

The pains and trials life deals us are often times compounded by the shear lack of caring of others. Do not get too close and for sure to do get involved, is what we are told. That seems to be the wisdom of the ages. You will be sorry so just keep your distance. Experience in life keeps us from meeting God's expectations. If I screwed it up once I probably will again. Not so friends, when it comes to extending a helping hand we can never give to much.

So how does the wounded warrior find the salve for healing? It all starts with HOPE. Without that key ingredient healing cannot happen. If you do not see hope in the future you cannot and will not attain power in the present. It is up to us to provide hope for the wounded. If each of us can reach out and touch someone in need we will be the recipients of the same love when we find ourselves wounded.

After getting those emails this morning I felt I had to write one more time. I have no answers other than to love yourself and others with all you have. Be the light someone needs when they themselves are surrounded by clouds. Never judge, never condemn, simply love and the wounds will heal.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts