Visionary

I love to write, my vision is to someday hit on something that creates a spark in people that they too will create a vision in their lives that give it more meaning than they thought it had. It is difficult to imagine how many folks ask themselves the question, "does my life matter anyway". I have to admit I have ask that question myself over the years. That question does not arise from lack of living it creeps to the top by a lack of vision.

Think about this cool little fact, and one I have to give credit to my Aunt for sharing with me, when we look in the mirror we only see an image of who we are externally. Everyone else has a clear view of who we are and what we look like on the outside. We are not privy to that view at anytime in our lives, we only get to see a reflection of ourselves. However no one will ever see the person that dwells inside us only we are privy to that classified information. Think about this for a moment, we can't see ourselves on the outside and no one else can see us on the inside. With that do we ever really know enough about ourselves to create a vision that sparks unique passions in life? Yes because God gave us the view he felt was most important, what our heart, mind, and soul feels like. That is the vision that only we will ever have.

This is profoundly interesting and extremely important. If we believe in God, as I am confident we all do, then we should accept that we are created in his image from his vision. Yes God had a vision of us before we were born. Why we were created to look, act, and have certain characteristics. We will never know but what we do know is that we are alive. For some odd reason God made us to see our internal persona not our external. If you give that just a moment of thought you will begin to understand that our focus is all too often on what we think others see in us not what we feel inside. Vanity drives us and often kills our vision for life. We get so caught up in the vision we think others have of us that we totally lose sight of the vision we once had for ourselves. When we are driven externally it kills the spirit of what we are driven for internally.

A vision for your life is so much more than a thought or a dream. We all have ideas, we all have dreams, but few have a vision for what their life could be. You see a vision is not about reality because reality is what we perceive, while a vision is about what could be. Way to often in life we create a reality that was never there and we lose sight of a vision that was within our grips. I love the story of Florence Mae Chadwick of whom I have written many times. Florence attempted to swim from Catalina Island to the coast of CA. A distance of 21 miles. She swam all night and close to sunrise she gave up. When the sun came up and the fog lifted Florence was almost to the shoreline. She had lost vision of her goal and gave up. A few weeks later she tried again and this time was successful because her vision was crystal clear.

How clear is your vision or should I say how cloudy? Maybe I should ask the question like this, do you even have a vision for your life? I spoke to man yesterday that seemed somewhat content yet the longer we talked the more I could feel that he had totally given up on life. He was preparing to die even though he was healthy. He had lost his vision and zest for life. To many mistakes, to many missed opportunities, to many broken relationships, to many broken promises, to many fences to mend, and to many lies told. He placed judgement on his life and relegated himself to life without parole. I hope this does not sound familiar in your life but I bet you can relate.

We are never too young or old, healthy or not, rich or poor to create a vision for our life. It is time to break the chains of bondage, the years of silence, and remove the dirt from the tomb. It is time to get a life. We cannot erase the past but we can rewrite the future. Stop blaming yesterday for your today and stop allowing the past to rob you of your tomorrow. Create an idea that sparks a dream that stimulates a vision. Think highly of yourself and don't forget you too were created as a vision of God. He did not create you for failure he created you for success. You are truly endowed with the seeds of greatness and only you can fertilize those seeds from the inside out.

Is a vision important for life? All I know is I am rewriting mine everyday. At 51 years old I am ready to live the best times of my life now. The past is gone yet the present is here. As I started this by saying my vision was to someday write something that has meaning to others. My vision is that this is it, however if not I will write again and again because I know that I have something to write about. Oh I also have a vision of completing an Ironman someday so I need a push from everyone.

peace to you
Dale


















Comments

Popular Posts