My cup overflows

What do you do with the extra space in your home? What do you do to fill space and time in your heart and mind?


Those are great questions to ponder. Take a look around your home. Start with the garage then carefully take a look in the attic and if you are brave enough start opening closets. If you are one of the lucky ones your space is not filled to the brim with stuff that is either forgotten about or not practical enough to ever use. Isn't it interesting that our two car garages were not big enough so we built them for three and our vehicles still sit in the driveway because the garage is to full of everything else. What about that closet space? Two closets were not enough so we built huge walk in closets bigger than some peoples homes. We are overflowing with stuff and no matter how much we have it is never enough.

What about your heart and mind? What are you filling that space with? The days of walking in the park, holding hands, reading a good book, sitting on the porch,  cooking out with neighbors, or just enjoying some peaceful music has all seemed to go by the wayside. I took a close look at my own life as I pondered this blog and it did not take me long to realize what I am putting into my heart and mind. I am filling it with stuff just like my attic, closet, and garage. Instead of improving and utilizing what I have in a positive way I keep adding more to it which gets in the way of everything else. My mind can't get to the good stuff because it is too busy filtering out the useless. I, like many, are the reasons why the needs of the world struggle to be fulfilled. My life is busy figuring out what to do with what I don't need that I simply do not have the time or energy for anything else.

People that know me know that I love living life on the edge, I love taking chances, I like going where eagles dare, I love to try the impossible, but what I do not like is clogging up the pipeline with junk that inhibits our ability to do great things. Filling our minds, hearts, and other spaces with junk blocks the arteries until it chokes the life right out of us. Over time we become defensive and protective of our junk to the point we lose the love that once filled our hearts.

Trust me I love the comforts of life, I love nice cool things, I just do not want it to take the place of what makes us special, individual, and great beyond words. Let's learn to live life not amass stuff. Let's give back not pack away, let's love more and hate less. Simply put let's fill our space with so much positive energy that the world around us will want to fill their hearts with what we have.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts