A Conversation with the Devil

If I were granted a conversation with the devil I think it would go something like this:

Good morning Devil
Good morning to you Dale how may I help you

Dale- why are you so intent on causing so much havoc in the world
Devil- oh my Dale you have me all wrong, the world is way to big I focus more on the individual level.
Dale- what do you mean
Devil- It seems strange how much credit I am given for all the calamities your world faces but they are not of my making. My goal is to rob you of your hopes and dreams one person at a time. I feel confident you humans will handle the rest.
Dale- that seems so cruel, how do you know it will work
Devil- oh that is so easy, you humans are a selfish bunch, you only focus on yourselves and what you can accumulate. Once you humans build your silly house of cards all I have to do is shake the ground.
Dale- but I still don't see how you do that, I think I am strong enough to withstand your advance
Devil- do you really? You see Dale humans lost the ability to love and I just eased into the loss and replaced that spot with self doubt. Once self doubt erodes who you were created to be it becomes so much easier for me to chop away at your dreams little by little. Soon enough all that is left is a people that walks around not knowing if they are winning or losing, coming or going. It really is fun to watch this because once I get to one person they usually take down two or three with them.
Dale- So let me get this straight, you don't have to work on all people, you just get to a few and they spread your destruction for you.
Devil- you are getting wiser my friend. You humans are so predictable, I tried hard to work on your Jesus but he would not budge, he truly loved the world and desired to save it one person at a time. His model of love was so much more than I could even handle but lucky for me you humans could not even follow his simple model.
Dale- Once again I don't understand, why do you think we could not follow the model of Jesus
Devil- if you followed the path Jesus laid out there would be no hope for me but thank goodness I was able to get to a few of you and place greed and doubt in your hearts. The followers of Jesus out numbered my small army BUT I was able to infiltrate the so called Christian religions of the world. Once I did ego and greed divided them to the point the true message of Jesus was lost. Once it was lost my work became much easier. You see Dale if the churches had been smart they would have stuck to the simple message of LOVE but that was too much because they wanted more and more pleasures and more material stuff. The church divide is growing rapidly now and my followers are starting to gain more momentum than I even thought possible.
Dale- I hate to say this Devil but I do not like what you are doing and I also think the army of Jesus will defeat you
Devil- Dale you are so gullible just like all the rest. I can't be defeated because my army is united and yours is divided to the point that even the Christian churches do not like each other. All I have to do is continue to rob people of their little hopes and dreams and trust me they will gladly spread the negativity and self doubt. As I said earlier little by little small groups of people are bent on self destruction. You see human greed and ego is much more powerful than love.
Dale- Ok Devil I am mad and I need a break from this conversation. I do hope we can continue this soon. I have many more questions that  I want answers to.
Devil- no problem, you know where to find me.


This started out as a silly exercise for me but then I started to see some truths in my answers. This conversation will continue and in the mean time we all have to focus our energy on love of God, neighbor and self. If our attention is on love the devil will have no hold on our hearts or minds.

peace to you
Dale














Comments

Popular Posts