LIFE

I remember the wonderful quote by Helen Keller that said "the only thing worse than having no sight is having no vision". I would like to expand on that this morning and say that the only thing worse than dying is not living while you are alive.

A lady I met a few years back named BJ was an example of how to live. Granted when I met BJ she was dying of lung cancer. We shared a limo ride to The Cancer Treatment Center of America in Zion IL. BJ was  a stage 4 lung cancer fighter yet her spirit was broken. She was sent home to die, BUT she wanted to try one more time to get what life she had, back. The ride from the airport to the hotel was rather quiet. BJ was obviously in deep thought and very concerned for her own health. We did not talk much but we did share enough for me to know she was grasping for hope.

A few days later I ran into BJ in the lobby of the hotel. It was probably five or six days after our first meeting. BJ looked great and she said she felt great. Her hair was full of life, her make up was fresh, her smile was glowing, and she had life again. Keep in mind BJ still had stage 4 lung cancer but now she had something else even more important. She had HOPE, she had life. She understood the value of living life, which by the way is something we all tend to forget until life is being taken away from us.

I have no idea how long BJ lived after that, it may have been a month, a year, or heck she may still be alive. What I do know is that she lived every single day from that point forward to the fullest. What made the difference for BJ? A bigger question is what will make the difference for you?

What will it take for each of us to appreciate life and to go out and live it. This is a short journey in time for each of us. We do not get to start over, we have to accept all the circumstances and all we have done in the past and move forward into the land of the living. We must take our wisdom and experiences and use them to take the leap of faith that will restore our dreams. What we need is hope, the hope BJ found. She didn't give up on her life and neither can you.  I have no idea when my day to leave this earth will be but what I do know is I plan to live everyday as though it were my last. I challenge each of you today to start living, take your life back, be of good cheer, help others, share what you have, be daring, take chances, live on the edge, have fun, and love yourself. Your life has meaning and it will be worth living the moment you choose to live it.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts