Hope, Heart, Soul, and Honesty

I have been writing this blog now for six years. During this time I have seen my life go through a series of metamorphosis. Change is the only means of growth and I always welcome it with open arms, even when I can't see what the outcome will look like. During the years of writing this blog I have written about my journey with cancer, friends journey with cancer, my faith and spiritual challenges as well as those of others. I have used current events, history, and countless other tools to make my writings have meaning. Through it all I have grown by sharing my heart.

Over the last few months and particularly weeks I have learned to truly allow the honesty of heart and soul to come out. It is as if something inside said it is ok to just be me. Going forward I will continue to write with honesty from the depths of my soul. These writings will be more like me asking questions about life, why we are here, why do things happen the way they do. I am confident I will explore my faith and spirituality in politically incorrect ways, but you know I don't think God intended for us to just trust the words of man when it comes to our soul. I think God put in is the ability to find our unique connection.

I am writing this to encourage others to explore their own being. Look at where you are, with what you have, and give yourself permission to go where no one has gone before. Your heart and soul is your responsibility to protect. Learning about ourselves is similar to learning a skill, it takes practice.

Believe that you are more than what you are, believe that material wealth is not a means to happiness, it is a mere comfort as well as an albatross at times. To fully discover who we are it is very important to find out who we are not. We can't mask our heart and soul by coloring the gray in our hair, or getting a face lift, or for that matter any other cosmetic enhancement. Our heart has to be discovered as the pains of life squeeze it from every direction.

Take some time to review where your life has been and with a hopeful view toward tomorrow consider where your life will be. Change is the only thing that can make life different. Change comes from self exploration not from some infomercial on TV that guarantees their product will bring you amazing joy and contentment.

Take stock of life, decide that God created you to be YOU. That is hard to accept at times but it is the truth. You are all you have, at the end of life it isn't money, fame, jewelry, or anything else that will matter on your eternal journey. The only thing you will take is the heart, mind, and soul you came with. Use it to create a purpose in life that is not only fulfilling but meaningful. There is never a better time to create the best version of yourself possible.

In closing this totally random blog, please step out of the status quo of faith and find the true you lurking in the shadows. Let your honesty stimulate God in you. Let your love of self discover a purpose you did not know existed. Life is too short, and NO it is never to late to start living it. I am going to keep changing and keep letting my heart and soul guide me.

peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts