Fly Like an Eagle

Over the last few months I have felt as though I have had some sort of writers block. I haven't felt like my creative imagination has been on fire like it once was. Not knowing the why I decided to take a short break from my blog. Today I sit here with absolutely nothing to write other than the thoughts swirling around in my mind. I suppose if you choose to read this it will be a moment in the mind of Dale. Put your seat belt's on please it could get bumpy.

The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire the question that seems so difficult to answer is where do you get that fire. Some would say that all you need is a good dose of Jesus but that in and of itself does not have sustainability. It reminds me of people that poke their chest out and say "I shared Jesus with them" or "I witnessed to that person". I say let your life preach more loudly than your lips because more times than not what you share is not who Jesus ways or what he stood for. It deeply saddens me that Jesus has been relegated to an excuse in our lives more so than a true relationship or I might even say partnership. What do I mean when I say excuse? The way the righteous preach Jesus is almost an insult to our intelligence. It was his time, it wasn't his time, he was healed, whoops she died, that house was blown away in a tornado, but that one survived. He died in a car crash yet she survived. Jesus gets credit for the good and bad luck or poor decisions get credit for the bad. In my mind ONLY, the truth is that we live in a world of free will. We are surrounded environmentally by the choices of millions of people. Collectively those choices dictate the outcome of life.

If and I say that sparingly, if Jesus controlled every facet of life I would hope we would wonder why so many people in third world countries life and die in horrid conditions. I suppose Jesus loves us westerners but not so much the folks on the other side. When I stir conversation this direction it causes people to get defensive and they either babble weird concoctions of words or they share the mysteries of faith. I say mysteries because that is a line of defense when they run out of opinions.

This morning as I was running I wondered why so many people struggle to simply love others. We get so caught up in the propaganda of the moment that we place people in categories of good or bad. Think about it for a minute. If you are a die hard republican you may have difficulty loving a die hard democrat. Or if you are hard line Baptist you find it impossible to believe that Jesus loves Catholics too and plans to see them in heaven as well. We (not God) create walls in our lives that segregates us from one another. We create the evil in the world yet we blame it on everyone else. I wonder what the world would look like if we all just stopped in our quest to find peace and love and just loved one another. That is a novel concept I think. It seems to me that we are so consumed with finding someone to blame for our unhappiness that we almost refuse to consider that it would be easy to be happy.

Two weeks ago one of my best friends died of a heart attack after we ran five miles. I was crushed by the loss. He was a great man, a great friend, and a wonderful running partner. He taught me to run through the excuses and conditions. It didn't matter how hot or cold, how hard it rained or snowed, we ran. Nothing got in the way. There is a lesson in life about that. When we are truly committed we do not allow excuses to block or impeded our progress, we simply keep going. I learned so much from him that I will apply in life every day from now on. I am committed to loving people, promoting peace, tearing down walls, and building people up, and most all letting people know that God loves them whether they are in church or not.

There are times when I write that you may think I am bitter or angry at churches but that is the farthest thing from the truth. I love churches but I love the people more. I do not judge nor condemn a person based on whether they do or do not attend church. Matter of fact let's spend a moment to discuss anger. You see anger is like an acid that does more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than it does to the one in which it is poured. Anger pure and simple destroys everything it comes in contact with. We are human and sometimes crap happens and we reach our boiling point. But our ability to control the projection of that anger is where our character comes from. As we do in yoga let's allow the anger and bitterness to leave our body so that our soul can become a happy place. In that happy place the real love for Jesus can come alive. You can begin to feel how truly powerful the human soul on fire is. Love is a force that cannot be stopped by any means. I guess as I conclude this blog I would like to encourage everyone to climb aboard the soul train and let's ride over the hills and through the valley's collectiing passengers as we go. The soul train will ride along with a full head of steam and sharing love wherever it may go.

I have no idea what I just wrote about I just know I am LOVE with life and I want everyone to feel it. I think I will include a few of my short videos here. Please check them out. Next week I will be writing more frequently with much more depth and meaning. In the mean time let's let the good times roll.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlfHg_WyPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf0fp1ZnWaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaXRH0_RC60

peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts