Run the good race

When the dark clouds of doubt, anger, or worry begin to move upon you, steady yourself in the knowledge that in time the storm shall pass. This morning while running against the wind my mind was telling me to stop because my body was hurting, but I realized that my choice to stop or go was the same choice I use to define my life. To some extent we all run against the wind, we face the storms that life throws our way, however it is our choice to endure. We can run the good race, or we can stop and walk. Either way we are breathing but only one are we alive and living.

It is so easy in today's environment to get caught up in what we can't do that we forget all that we can do. I learned years ago that we cannot quit the race, we run and we run until we finish. We cannot lose until we quit. I use running metaphorically, however this could pertain to any facet of your life. I often tell people, including myself, that when life knocks you down, if you can look up you can get up. The problem we face is that we are conditioned to stay down and blame someone else or something for our plight. We absolutely must take responsibility for where are and then make decisions to move forward.

As I was preparing to write this a thought came to mind, not all wounds are so obvious, which means we must walk gently in the lives of others. I write to encourage, to motivate, and to provide hope. I also realize that we are all in different places at different times in this journey. But the one common denominator we have is that we are still here. You see hope anchors the soul and without hope life has little to no meaning. When life has no meaning we can't see the light that shines all around us. It is so easy to just give up when the secret to success lies in trying one more time. I tread lightly when it comes to others feelings and emotions because I cannot see life through the eyes of anyone. That is why my passion is to share my thoughts as to why a change in view can change your life. You have heard me say so many times that the way we see the world is not the way the world is, it is the way we are. If we have a true desire to change our lives we must start by changing the way we see the world and the people around us.

It is the enduring of the storms in our lives that give us the strength to run against the wind. It is in facing the impossible task ahead that we train our bodies to persevere and our minds to learn the power of pushing through the pain. There are no free rides along this pathway of years we call life. Everything we do, the relationships we have, the spirituality and faith that dwells in us, is a direct result of our ability to run the good race, to face the head wind with enough confidence that we do not quit until we win. God gave us this life as his greatest gift, what we do with it is our greatest gift back to God.

No man is a failure until he blames others. Take total responsibility for your life exactly where it is right now. Do not look back because you are not going that way, look ahead with determination and resolve. Clean the lenses you see through and give yourself permission to see only the good in the world and people you encounter. This is your life and when you choose to live it through the eyes of someone else you rob the world of the great person you could have been.

Lets face today with absolute love and determination. We will help others in their pursuit of hope as well. We will be the reason someone smiles today. All works of love are works of peace so love yourself and the world around you and allow peace to find it's way back into your heart. Your life is not over and your dreams can come true, it just starts with taking the first step. Remember this as you go about your day. You cannot live a positive life with a negative mind. It is our choice every moment of every day what we allow into our heart mind and soul. I choose positive from this day forward. I am going to run the good race, I will run against the wind and never ever give up until I win.

peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts