Paradigm Shift

I, like many, enjoy reflecting back on life. Granted I live my life through the windshield not the rear view mirror, however I do try diligently to collect wisdom from the past to make the journey forward more appealing.  As I sit here writing this blog I quickly realize just how long I have been penning these inspirational journals. A short 8 years and 476 post later I am still at it. What started out as a religious experience soon made way for a life revelation. Many hours I would toil over topics rambling around in the recesses of my cerebral cortex, never knowing if it would find it's way to my fingertips so I could chronicle my ever changing paradigm shifts in life. Thank goodness after the first few years I simply gave myself permission to just be me and the rest as they say is history. This blog has made my life a dream in process. I appreciate so much the thousands of people that read it daily. It is my hope that in some small way I inspire your lives and more than that I inspire you to embrace who you are.

No one ever said life would be easy. No one ever said that our dreams would come true, but many have said that with hard work, perseverance, and a passionate belief in your purpose that your life will create a lasting legacy and your efforts will have been worth while. The question becomes, well at least for me, was how to push through the obstacles that I blamed for obstructing my view of the road ahead? As I pondered that question many of times in my own life, I came to understand that we are creatures of humanity with an injection of soulful faith more than we are soulful faithful people filled with humanity. Basically I am saying that our inherent human characteristics and traits should be the tools we use to conquer the mountain. The problem as I see it from ground level though is all to often we spend to much time thinking about what we do not have instead of getting busy with what we do have. Our humanity is an amazing gift and when we combine that with our heart, mind, feelings, emotions, and soul what we can accomplish can change the world for the better.

Life is risky business at best. There are a myriad of people that will gladly tell you how you should or should not live your life. If given an open door there are people that will live it for you. To become the best version of yourself possible and to grow into the person God created you to be, you first have to let go of the things that weigh you down. Now before you go making a list of people you need ostracize from your life I think you better spend a minute looking in the mirror. It isn't the people externally that are holding you back, it is the person you are internally that hasn't fulfilled the promise from your heart and soul to push your mind to new limits. Remember the only limits we have are the ones we believe. I chose to let go of the limits and live my life as if I could do anything. Living is risky, indeed it is, however so is driving a car or walking in the park.

Take a look at your life and see where you are. Take stock of your emotional and spiritual self and see if it is in alignment with the hopes and dreams you possess. We can't live our lives through the eyes of others nor can we allow the world to mold us into the person they desire us to be. In order for this great world to come together in peace and love it takes each of us digging deep and having the courage to live the life we were given. Every day is a second chance to get it right. The mistakes we made are the dress rehearsals for the day it all comes together. Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it. Life is a terrible thing to waste.

In summation or conclusion to this reflection I would ask that you work hard to become yourself. What ever that means just do it. Life can change in an instant and when it does often times we are left with saying to ourselves "I wish I had". We are products of our past but we are not prisoners of it. Only you know what is in your heart, mind, and soul. God created you to be his greatest miracle. You were created an original and it is up to you not to die a copy. Your life matters, as does mine, and together we can make a difference.

peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts