Expand your Box

I love to write, as many of you may know. I always remind myself to write from the heart being truthful to my feelings. It always happens though, every few months I have to catch myself because I drift back into writing what I think others want to hear instead of what I really think. This morning I am going to try hard to allow my thoughts to well up from the springs of my heart, mind, and soul and pour themselves forth in this blog.

My favorite topics are obviously faith, spirituality, religion, and life. I enjoy challenging my own beliefs, not in an effort to disprove anything but to hopefully expand the scope of my thinking to include the amazing teachings of millions before us. It is so easy this day and age to find yourself clinging to a series of beliefs that are so rooted in faith that they can't be substantiated at all. For many that is not a problem. For me however I love to expand my thinking so far and wide that it is bigger than the universe itself. I simply struggle to box in our amazing creator. This universe is so freaking vast and filled with mystery, intrigue, and surprises that we should allow ourselves to learn from it. Just this morning I was looking at pictures from the spacecraft Dawn at the awe inspired images of Ceres. It is just fascinating what all is out there that we do not know. That also pertains to the possibilities of our humanity. There is so much more to us than we know.

I think that stands true for life itself. They say that the eyes are the gateway to the soul. I will go along with that however I would also love to expand to say that space is the gateway to understanding the immense expanse of the possibilities of life. We are limited only by the limits we place on ourselves. For me I choose to focus on the unlimited possibilities of our humanity. So much is made of how finite we are. We box in our limits the same way we box in God. Beings that this is my blog I choose to look at how much more we can do when we give ourselves permission to grow outside of a limited belief system that holds us back and doesn't lift us up. 

For several years now I have had an acquaintance that believed without a shadow of a doubt that he had this strange connection to God. Not just any connection, oh no, he had something the rest of us didn't. God delivered to him prophetic messages that we are not privy too. He graciously shared these messages to a few. I admit I thought they were weird and strange but I respect his belief system. Over the years NONE of his prophecies have come to fruition. Granted he made some predictions based on current events that anyone of us could have made but his prophetic messages that he so boldly promoted never materialized. Each time I respectfully asked him about them he always had some excuse as to why God didn't allow them to happen. Some he would explain away as God answered our prayers, others God was trying to humble him, some he simply concocted lame reasons as to why God didn't fulfill the prophecies delivered to him. The only reason I share this is to tell you that this man has wasted the better part of his life boxing in God and himself. Instead of living his life making a wonderful contribution to the world, he instead, in my opinion, lives a life of total misery. 

I love talking about prophecy because eschatology is one of my favorite subjects. Every generation has predicted without a shadow of a doubt that they live in the end times. Not only that, every generation has even been witness to the 666 or the anti Christ. I suspect that generations from now they will still be predicting the same thing. I share this because I see now why the mass exodus of Christians are leaving churches. It isn't because they do not love and believe in Christ, it is that they are so tired of being preached a lie. Yes I will call it as I see it beings this is my blog. The modern day None's (those Christians without affiliation) are bringing new meaning to what Christianity could be. Yes, the one's that cling to the broken norm will despise this new group. Why? It is simple, they do not box in God. They expand God to include the infinite universe, the true power of love, the awesome gift of acceptance, and the wonderful growth hormone called forgiveness. Yes the None's understand the unlimited potential they have when they allow themselves to grow beyond the borders mainstream religion has placed on them. 

As the days turn to months, the months turn to years, and the old generation is replaced by the new, we will see a rise in world wide unity. There will come a day when Muslims do not fight Christians and Christians do not fight Muslims. There will come a day that all humans will live together on this place we call earth and create opportunities that we thought impossible. This cannot be done through the proliferation of hatred, it can only be done through the unique gift of accepting one another with love. 

Thank goodness this is my blog. I realize many will disagree and that is great, I totally respect that. I for one choose to release the strangle hold that I found my life in while clinging to a belief that tore me down or held me in place. Once I expanded my thought process a wonderful feeling came over me. I experienced life in new and exciting ways. I also experienced the power of God in ways I never dreamed possible. I no longer needed to be told what to believe, I simply allowed the power of God to awaken the giant within. Now I have broken the chains of bondage and look forward to a life of unlimited possibilities. I now freely choose to love and accept human beings. I do not see skin color, gender, or sexual orientation. I see immense beauty with potential far greater than we will ever realize. Every human life has value and every life is worth living. 

Beings that this is my blog, I choose to conclude this with a message to you. Give yourself permission to expand your beliefs. You do not need to throw away your current belief system, simply expand it. learn that the power of love is always greater than the power of hate. Also learn to let go of the broken promises of yesterday so you can appreciate the amazing things that await you tomorrow. You are no longer a prisoner to your past you are now a product of your future. You are the greatest miracle in the world and it is time you believe it.

peace be with you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts