A Journey through the streets of Love

I didn't know exactly where I was going I just knew I needed to be going somewhere. I got in my truck and headed north. With no particular place to go I just drove. The windshield time was rather tranquilizing. I was eerily alert yet my conscientious had drifted off into some foreign playground. Looking ahead I noticed traffic beginning to slow down and move to the inside lane. Naturally I followed suit and got in line so as to pass through whatever obstacle had placed itself in my path. As I neared the incident that created the lane shift I began to think about how often we react to occurrences that rise up in every day life. As to be expected there was a two vehicle fender bender that caused us rubber neckers to take our mind off the task at hand. Without even considering how the two people felt that were involved, my only concern was the inconvenience they had caused me.

The truth however was that I had no task at hand, I didn't even know where I was going, I just knew I needed to be doing something. It was my hope that as I drove my mind would create an epiphany that would illuminate a thought or dream as to what direction my life needed to take. I decided to turn on a side street that would force me to slow the pace and take in new scenery. This would certainly facilitate a thought process different than that of a four lane thoroughfare. 

Up ahead was a small community convenience store. I pulled in and parked off  to the side. I wanted to just sit there a few minutes and let my mind roam. At first I didn't notice the elderly man standing off to the right of my truck, but my eye caught his movement as he made a friendly gesture to people as they came in and out of the store. I thought, what the heck, I needed a bottle of water, so I might as well get out and get my friendly greeting too. Expecting a simple hello or good morning, what I got was "sir your heart seems heavy". Well, I admit I was stunned. Tenderly, I said "thank you sir, but I think my heart is fine". When I came out of the store, the elderly gentleman had moved closer to my truck. As I approached in an effort to simply walk on by, he smiled and said "you can do it".

I admit my mind was running 100mph, I was wide open yet going in circles. I rolled my window down to catch a breeze as I continued my journey nowhere. The questions were ever present and they had passed the point of suppression. For years I had followed the crowd down the same old worn out beaten down path. We are told what to do spiritually, financially, politically, and physically. There is no regard to the differences we all have, the truth is we are taught to fall in line no matter the obstacles that block our way. When trouble is looming up ahead move over and get in line. Forget your hopes and dreams, just conform. Thank goodness it was a nice day because I sure needed the fresh air to keep me focused on the drive while my mind explored new and exciting places. 

Now I felt like my mind was allowing my heart to bring me back to life. My heart was heavy, but yes I can do this, remembering what the elderly gentleman said. To my left was a popular retail store, I decided to get out and just walk around. As I made my way through the aisles my eyes suddenly were wide open. It was obvious, my gosh, how did we get it all wrong. It was so much more than girls and boys. There were people of all ethnic groups, all sizes and shapes, every dress code you could imagine, I even noticed a gentleman that was an amputee and another young man in a wheel chair that had severe handicaps. As I made my way toward the back of the store I noticed a couple that was not my nationality speaking a language foreign to me. I loved it, my heart was much lighter, my mind clearer, and my purpose coming into focus. Without a purchase I begin the short trek back to my vehicle. Armed with immense knowledge of the secrets of life's obvious. 

We are taught to hate what we do not understand. We no longer seek to embrace we seek to destroy. Maybe not so much in deeds as in words. Instead of tasting our words before we spit them out, we simply spew harmful rhetoric with justification from some stone aged belief that divides not unites. We can  look around and see without a shadow of a doubt that we are all strikingly different in every way imaginable, which concludes the narrative that God did not intend for us to be the same. We were created different, I think, with the hope that our love and passion for life could draw us together in such a way that could enhance humanity to do incredible things that are totally impossible when you fall in line and follow the crowd. 

Your view of the world is just that, your view. That doesn't mean my view is wrong or bad. To think in terms like that reduces one to bitter level of existence. The truth is LIFE is a wonderful thing, but we have to choose to live it. The old saying that "to live is the rarest thing in the world, most people simply exist" is so true. Why do we get up everyday just to fall in line? Why do we believe a spiritual narrative without questioning it's validity? Why do we live a life to fit in when we were born to stand out. NEVER EVER allow others to write your life story, Trust me, folks close to you will gladly pen your book and before you know it you don't even recognize the person you once hoped to be. You may already be there, the great news is, you don't have to stay. You can decide right now that the life you passed through is not the life you have to continue living. We are all products of our past but we do not have to be prisoners to it. It is imperative that you never give the key to your happiness to anyone or anything. 

Thank goodness you have the power of the internet. Please take a look at the suffering that exist in third world countries, then take a drive through the poorest part of your community and see what is happening in your own back yard. I also encourage you to walk through a busy store with your eyes, heart, and mind wide open. See the person that walks by you. SEE THE PERSON, the human being created by the same God that created you and I. Stop looking for reasons to dislike and start looking for reasons to love. Every person of whom you come in contact, 100% without exception has a beating heart. They are as much a miracle of life as you and deserve to be treated as such. You are not the person without sin that has the right to stand in judgement of others. The secrets of the obvious are crystal clear, love one another. Without fail, no exception. There is no elephant in the room unless you place one there. Well maybe there is an elephant in the room, it is your close minded views that elevate and perpetuate an air of acerbity. 

Allow your life to open up and to explore new and exciting things. Remove the blinders of division and put on the lenses of love. Let bridges be built over the vast divides that you have dug. Do not blame anyone, take responsibility for your life, chase those dreams, follow that rainbow. Develop friendships with people you once considered adversaries. Learn to appreciate their point's of view instead of forcing yours on them. This isn't about principal, it's about love, passion, and purpose. It is about unity in the air of division. Your way isn't the right way, it is your way. The you see me isn't the way I am, it is the you way you are. Accept fully the person that resides inside, do not suppress what is trying to escape, open Pandora's box and let your life come alive. You can not live my life, nor can I live yours. I can however choose to love and appreciate the differences we hold and collectively we can make an impact on our world that restores faith in human love. No one and I repeat NO ONE wants to hear you preach about how this or that will save my soul. Actions speak louder than words. I will never follow a person that exhibits any form of hate or bigotry. Love is the only human trait that will create authentic leaders that others will follow. Love Leaders will also display humble behavior that will encourage others to rise up and lead too. Be the leader of your life, learn to love without fail, build streams of hope, be a dream chaser, and know that your life has so much more meaning than you see right now. Remember even broken crayons color beautiful pictures, so get to work developing your masterpiece and let the love shine forth. 

peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts