The UPSIDE TO DOWN

The wounds may heal, but the scars remain. It's fair to say I can end the blog right there and most could relate, wouldn't you agree. But for a just a few minutes I would like to look at the cuts as they are attempting to heal and the scars we so frequently try to hide.

Remember the last time you cut your finger? It was a wound, that healed, and left no scar. Hence, it was easily forgotten. Recall when you had a cut deep enough to have stitches? Sure you do, why, because the scar is a constant reminder. Surface wounds come and go every day in our lives. People and situations get on our nerves, we run behind, or we just simply forget to do something. No harm, no foul, just a small life wound that quickly heals.

How about the deeper cuts that leave behind scars that can be hid but can't be escaped. I'm not good enough, I'm too fat, too skinny, I'm ugly, I'm old, I'm sick, etc. Those are wounds that leave scars, but there are wounds that cut even deeper. There are chapters in the book of life that literally scare you too death, am I right. How do I tell someone what I really dream about? Why can't I just be myself, the person God created? Why bother praying, God obviously doesn't care, my son still died of cancer? Does it really matter what I think, no one listens? When will the abuse ever stop? Why am I in love with someone I cannot have? Are you starting to see the depth of the wounds that leave scars so deep that we struggle to conceal them.

Is it just life, is there an upside to down? Can we bare the battle wounds with pride, as it tells the story of who we are? Before I elaborate on that I am going to ask you something. I would like for  you to consider that you are, not maybe, you are the source of scars in someone else's life. You did know that, didn't you? You are not always the victim in your own story, many times you are the villain. I know, you didn't see that coming, but I think it is important to know that we aren't saints ourselves. We have no problem noticing when someone's halo is out of adjustment, but we have issues seeing the dents and dings in our own. I share this not as a reminder that we are bad, because we aren't, we are human, just like everyone else. When we fully realize that, it makes it easier to embrace our scars and openly allow them to be a source of wisdom as our life journey progresses.

Life brings us twist and turns every day. We gain strength by using those moments as stepping stones to a better you (me). There is no reason to live your life in the shadows, the wounds are there, the scars exist, the battle cry is heard, it is high time to accept the flaws that we have knowing that when we do no one can ever use them against us again, including ourselves. We are our own competition, we are our own worst enemy, and we can also be our own best friend. Some, not all, of the cuts we have can be healed by understanding that life does not come with a guarantee, there is no warranty, life is meant to be lived. Once we stop living and start dying our scars become stars and our light begins to shine bright.

Let me share a few thoughts that I repeat over and over again. You are good enough, your life does matter, start where you are, with what you have, and give fire to your dreams again. You have survived 100% of your worst trials in life. If you are reading this, the scars you carry have not stopped you, yes they slowed you, but you are still alive to LIVE again. It is time to stop living in the past and let it be were it is, behind you. Hang on to the memories, see the daily reminders that your body and heart carry deeply, yet through it all never forget that your life is not over, matter of fact your best days are still ahead. Never doubt your self worth again, you are good enough, believe it. LOVE THOSE SCARS they are the upside to down, they tell the story of your ascent up the mountain. The wounds you have are the scars you bare and together they created a story that makes your life truly amazing. Yes you are a miracle.

God bless
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts