YOU MAY BE WRONG


Have you ever stopped your bitter and divisive rhetoric long enough to consider, that just because someone views things differently than you that they MAY NOT BE WRONG. Wow, what a profound statement. I find wonderful irony in the fact that few, if any, people vilify themselves in conversation. No, No, No, time is always spent victimizing ourselves while vilifying others. Before you disagree, just think about the last time you were with a group of friends or you scrolled through social media. Most, if not all, the time you figure your point of view is accurate and correct, and anyone else either isn't informed enough to agree with you or they just don't get it or care. Also, while you are shining a negative light on others in the hope of elevating your own victim status, really all you are doing is placing more distance between yourself and the answer to most of the situations we face in life.  Keep reading before you create another of your victim mentality opinions. 

Relationships are built when two people can share ideas without fear of being ridiculed. Bridges are burned when divisive lines are drawn and neither party budges. I realize right now you have a thought in your head that is probably going, Hey what about this or that, or surely you agree that so and so did not handle such and such properly. I, like you,  have my thoughts and opinions, but I strive very hard to never allow what I think to spill over into bitter division. Then I become the problem and not the solution. Problems can only be solved when communication exist. In this day an age the media exploits new issues daily. If we just wait long enough and keep our mouths shut, what we whine and bitch about today will be replaced with something else tomorrow. Basically, what I mean, is don't waste your precious beautiful life saying and doing ugly things. The answers are never clear, which is why we need open, loving, dialogue. 

I enjoy looking back on my religious journey or pilgrimage. I have learned so many wonderful things about various faiths. The one thing that sticks out to me the most is that there is very little differences yet those differences is what we focus on. Really, give thought to that. In my amazing walk in faith, I met some truly incredible people that I felt understood the power of love. I use the term love simply because that is what it takes for religion to impact our faith. Without love all we have is divisive language that pushes us further apart. For the Christians reading this I urge you to invite open dialogue to the table. That means you have to be as open to others views as you would hope they are to yours. Easy? Hell no, Worth it? Absolutely. Remember there is no wrong ways to show acts of love or kindness. Let love back into your life and you will be amazed at the changes that will come your way. 

I used religion, but we can apply the same principles of discussion to almost any topic. As long as neither side is willing to budge our even talk bitterness ensues. There in lies a huge problem. When parties can't or won't communicate hearts grow cold and solutions get lost in the dark. We are human beings, created with love for love. It doesn't take a degree for two people to listen to someone else's view without an agenda. 

As I stated in the beginning, someone else's viewpoint may not be wrong just because it is different than yours. My goodness, surely we realize that God made us as unique as the snowflake. No two people are exactly alike. THANK GOODNESS we are different or our world would not exist. No matter what problems we face dialogue and love are the best solutions. 

As I try to make sense of this blog, I want to conclude with this. In your heart, right this minute, is a void. So far, nothing you have done, has been able to fill it. You have tried everything you can think of yet that emptiness is still there. It is as if something is missing, like a piece of the puzzle you just can't find. What do I do to make this feeling go away. I will not be so arrogant as to say I have all the solutions, yet I can share years of wisdom from people that have written to me. To at least stop the void from growing bigger and darker strive hard to appreciate the views of others. When people can openly share it is simply astounding at the possibilities that start to come out. We, more than we realize, have been highly instrumental in the divisive nature that exists in our sphere of influence. We do not have to agree to love and appreciate what someone else things. Always be respectful and listen without feeling the need to respond. Let true love for humanity be your guide. Your life deserves a breath of fresh air and it is up to you to OPEN THE DOOR and let it in. Be a fountain, not a drain, be part of the solution not the problem. That doesn't mean that your solution is the right one, it means that in order to find the best solution you must be open to listening. Hey it's time for the coolness in your heart to start getting warm. It's time for love to show through in your actions. It's time for positive change and my friends it starts with you.

Remember when you look out over a bridge, the other side may be foggy, but it is there, waiting for you to cross it. 

Peace and love
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts