Do You Believe in Love



Why are we so concerned, worried, or even scared to scratch past the surface of who we are or who we could be? Very few people are willing to share deep honest thoughts about their own views of faith, spirituality, sexuality, hopes, and dreams. Some are so bold as to say silly things like "I am an open book, just ask me anything". That response is so superficial and predictable that you know that there is so much more to the person than the words being said. Which takes us back to the original question, WHY? Fear is the most powerful motivator for us humans. But what is it that we truly fear? Let me throw out something to get the proverbial hamster wheel moving. Do you really believe in God? Hold on now before you check out. Do you believe in God as has been described to you all your life? There, that is a much better way of asking, right? In my heart, I feel as though I already know the answer. I am betting most people believe in a GOD but not so much as what has been taught and handed down throughout the ages. I know that I am walking on thin ice by even broaching such questions. I do, however, believe with all my heart, that we were created to explore the infinity of this amazing awe inspired universe. If all we were expected to believe was what others desire us to believe or what is written in books, I don't believe our creator would have given us so much beauty in the skies to see. We have a choice don't we? We can simply believe and go through the motions of life hoping to attain that heavenly graduation or we can choose to allow our God given curiosity to seek out new and spectacular possibilities. In the religious realm, we are given strict guidelines to adhere to, so as to secure a place on the Love Train to Heaven. I am, by no means, making light of that, I just feel as though for most, our relationship with the creator should or could be more meaningful if we could escape the textbook theorem. Think about this for just a moment. How many times have you gone into church, went through the motions, walked out the door, and thought to yourself, what's the use? If you haven't noticed I am trying to get you to dig deeper than the superficial, so called truths, circling around in your head. There is no way we can ever grow if we simply accept what we are told is THE WAY, we must step off the worn out path and travel a new road. We can chase this rabbit down a deep spiraling hole, and if we do, I believe there is gold to be mined. I love the exploration of self, as it relates to spirituality, sexuality, and humanity. Sad to say, we live in a time in which we REACT constantly to the latest sensationalized news. Very few ACT in such a way that brings themselves more in line with their heart and soul. If you aren't willing to color outside the lines, there is little chance you will ever see the beauty your life could possess. The tried and worn path is so filled with ruts that it is difficult to understand why people even travel it anymore. Yet they do, but why? Because it is what we are supposed to do. The bigger WHY? FEAR. Most people of faith FEAR when others step outside of the boundaries society has established. BUT outside the lines is exactly where LIFE begins. Dare to believe that your life is worth so much more than the current value you have placed on it. You are not so cheap that you should be on the clearance rack, oh no, you are so unique and rare that your value is truly priceless. However, the only way you will ever reach your greatest potential and appreciate your highest worth, is when you have the courage to make a right turn while everyone else goes straight. You were not created to follow suit. You do not exist merely to pay bills, take up space, and die. You are here because you have VALUE. Look, I know life hasn't been easy. I realize the struggles we all face. Yes arrows are constantly flying towards us and some days it is difficult to dodge them all. BUT I tell you this, the more you are willing to explore and accept that you are a rare diamond waiting to be mined, the greater the odds are that you will live to see the day that the arrows no longer come your way. As you discover the person God placed in your body, amazing things will begin to happen. Your confidence will grow, your self worth will rise, your glow will shine, and your heart will fill with LOVE that you never even believed existed.
Let's all dig past the surface. Challenge everything in your life, not in an effort to create bitterness, but in an effort to build bridges and establish love for the human race as well as yourself. In my humble opinion we have everything to gain and nothing to lose. I've got my shovel and I am ready to dig. God bless Dale Peaceful Hippie

Comments

Popular Posts