You are Not Alone


For several years I've attempted to keep my blogs raw and real. There was a time that I wrote what I felt people in my sphere of influence desired to hear, but that all changed five years ago. Since then I do my best to write from the heart. When I say raw and real, it is my intention to make sure the human emotion is captured so as to keep the words relevant.
Two weeks ago I was working in my store, a gentleman came in with two of his children. They all ordered box lunches. As some of you know I write, what I hope to be, inspiring messages in each box. The family of three sit down and the man opened his box. The quote said "God didn't bring you this far just to leave you". He was going through a difficult time in his life and for some reason that quote set him off. He was more than happy to air his disdain for what I had written. Thank goodness they finished their meals and exited. Fast forward a week, the man came back with one of his daughters. I am thinking 'OH HECK" here we go again. Indeed they ordered lunch, but there was a noticeable difference in his demeanor. He recanted the events of the previous few weeks as well as his mood when he was last in the store. Instead of lashing out about the quote again he told me that, even though he was terribly upset and depressed, he cut that quote out taped it on his refrigerator at home and found inspiration many times per day by simply reading "God didn't bring you this far just to leave you".
Even when you feel like your words and actions do not matter trust me they do. It is imperative that we do not always respond in kind when someone gets their ire up. We have no idea what they are facing in life and sometimes a calm smile in the face of the storm will provide hope that we can't see at the time. It truly is a beautiful day when we allow God to love others through us. I know there are times in your life when you felt as though no one cared, I believe with all my heart that someone does.

A few days ago I was able to spend time with a sick friend. She shared with me her feelings of battling a sickness that is slowly trying to overtake her body. She struggles to stay positive when in the company of others but when home alone her emotions can be overwhelming. We spoke in depth about the ever changing dynamics of life and how we take for granted the wonderful moments that bring us lasting memories. She shared in length about a wonderful friendship that still exist but has become distant. A friendship that provided her hope, joy, laughter, and yes many wonderful memories.  She went on to tell me how close her and her friend had been but it seemed that her sickness had placed something between them. Real or not, it was her emotions and feelings being shared.  It was such an honor to have the time to just listen as she talked. I can't make her sickness go away but I can offer comfort and hope by genuine caring.

Our words matter, yes they do, and we should always taste them before spitting them out. In addition to our words our time, heart, and compassion matter too. Giving of yourself is one of the greatest miracles we can share. Never assume or take for granted that a phone call, a text, a smile, a gentle touch, a dinner, or just a short conversation means more than you could imagine. It doesn't take much to care, all it takes is heart of love. When you are the one hurting, your heart is breaking, your mind is spinning, and your emotions are in a downward spiral, with all your might, dig deep, and be the light in someone else's darkness. I promise you that when you can genuinely provide hope to another that in turn they will be the sunshine when your skies are gray. Life is never hopeless when shared with another. Loneliness is painful and is often hard to detect. You know what I mean. It's up to us to be the goodness we hope to see in others.

Each week, I like you, meet people that are battling through various issues that at the time seem insurmountable. There is a high chance that you yourself are facing a mountain that seems impossible to climb. I can't climb your mountain for you, but I sure as heck can encourage you, pick you up when you slip, or help you gain the strength when you feel like giving up. Together we can change the world around us. We will not give up or give in, instead we will give it all we got.

In this day and age it is so easy to become cynical or desensitized to everyone and everything around you. I agree we are inundated with information, fake or real, all day long. No one knows what to believe or what to do. With that being said, let me remind of you something important. We may be so connected that we are disconnected but no matter what we all still need a human heart to lean on. I urge you to put aside ill feelings that have crept into your mind, replace it with the love of forgiveness. Not so much for everyone else, but for you. Your life matters, your feelings are real, your emotions are what they are. Let love be your guide and believe me God will start loving others through you.

I always look forward to hearing from you, please share your life, story, or comments with me at livinadream46@gmail.com

God bless
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts