Faith To Move Mountains



I love the first verse of the Mercy Me song Even If. "They say some times you win some, sometimes you lose some, right now right now I'm loosing bad." Do you ever feel like you are loosing bad? I can't speak for you but I know I do. I was listening to this song a few minutes ago something interesting occurred to me. When we face those defeats in life, it's as if we are doing it alone. In our eyes no one sees the pain or shame we are dealing with. Sound familiar?

I realize that there are people reading this blog that are in love with a person they are not with. There are also people reading this that are with a person they do not love. Trust me I know I am walking a tight rope here, but guess what, this is life. This is the darkness, the hopelessness that creates that hole that is seldom visible to the outside world until it is too late. The things we face in silent scream out so loud no one hears them but us. Maybe it's the addiction, the anxiety, the low self esteem, or maybe it's just the feeling of never getting a break. What ever it is that makes you feel as though you are losing bad, is REAL.

Who are you, WHO WHO. I love that song by the Who, it stirs up something in me each time I heart it. I mean seriously, who are you? What's your name? I guess I could say my name is "Dale", and to some extent that is true. However, your real name is that which you answer too. The WHO isn't who others think you are, it's who you think you are or aren't. Are you a winner or a loser? Remember this isn't so much what others think as much as what you think about yourself. We tend to place a value on ourselves that others usually agree with. 

You hit the wall,  your armor is cracking, your boat is taking water, your light is fading. What is going on? Not only WHO AM I, but where am I? That my friends is the reality of life we try to ignore, hide, escape, or lock away. Run, Run, Run, faster, farther, but you know as well as I that running doesn't work. It only creates distance between the problem and the solution. 

I remember being told that while I was in the hospital a few weeks ago that I had crazy hallucinations. I saw raccoons in my room as well as flying dinosaurs. Yes I was medicated heavily, so much so that I didn't know who I was or where I was. I just existed in a world that wasn't real. Where do you exist? God placed you on this earth to bloom and grow. It is our job to keep the weeds out of our life. It is also up to us to remind ourselves daily WHO WE ARE. Yes my title is Dale, but who I am is a child of GOD. I am LOVE, I am HOPE, I am a light unto the world. I am everything, but only if I believe it. Even when you are at your lowest God still sees you at your highest. You may have placed yourself on the clearance rack of life, but God says NO WAY, you are top of the line, not to be discounted. 

Right now, right now, I have  a feeling that you think you are loosing bad. Maybe just maybe in human terms we are up against the wall. "It only takes a little faith to move a mountain, good thing
cause a little faith is all I have, right now". More Even if lyrics. Hey look, life sucks sometimes. There is no easy way to say it more clearly. We step knee deep in a mud hole that we created. It's hard to have a little faith, it's hard to have any at all. I often speak of God as if he alone is the miracle worker, but now I believe that we absolutely must participate in the miracle we expect. This may take every ounce of energy you have plus a little more, then a tad more than that, in the end though you will find that you have what it takes to win.

I now know who I am and where I am. Admittedly it took drastic measures for me to receive, process, and accept this place in which I find myself. I have made every mistake I can think of yet through it all I am still here. It's been said that the way you see the world isn't the way the world is, it is the way you are. I decided to believe in that. Now, right now, I see the beauty in the world in which I live. I see the love, I feel the warmth, I feel the caring hearts, I witness the outpouring of benevolence everywhere. I see God extending his love through each of us to others.

In closing let me say this, you are where you are, you've done what you've done. You and I both are still here. That in and of itself is a testimony to the love God has for us. Raise up your head, look in the mirror, and see first hand the miracle that is staring back at you. It's a miracle because you were there to participate. Let's all share love and kindness in all that we do. We are winners, that much I know.

God bless
Dale





















Comments

Popular Posts