ALIVE AGAIN

I wrote a moving blog back in November called Breath Life into your Dreams https://dalechildress.blogspot.com/2018/11/breath-life-into-your-dreams.html. It was so powerful and eye opening because of the situation I was in at the time. I realized, as many people do, that the sand in the hour glass is falling at a rapid pace. I knew I was in the fourth quarter of this life game, and I even felt I was nearing the 2 minute warning. I thought about praying for overtime, but then I realized something so damn profound. Why pray for overtime when I wasn't even playing to win now.

That brings us to where I am today. Since that time I have been in the hospital twice more. From acute renal failure, to my bowels shutting down, to E-coli in my blood. I was fortunate enough to spend my last ten days on the 9th floor which is oncology and hospice. For the record I am not on hospice. I share this because it was one of those moments in life to where I saw clearly in hindsight that I was failing to live my potential. I had excuses that overshadowed my dreams. Sure I have stage 4 cancer but I am still ALIVE.

I mention the 9th floor for a reason. The waiting rooms were full of families and friends that wanted to be close when their loved one passed. I was lucky I could get out and walk the halls. Daily I would trek by the waiting room to see the faces of those reminiscing about days gone by. Those daily walks made me realize that I still had ample opportunity to pursue my passionate purpose in life. I'll admit I had some tough days with high fever but I never lost sight of those grasping for hope.

When I wrote the blog back in November I was fighting tooth and nail to allow my authentic self to shine through. There were times I felt close, but I never made the break through. I kept asking myself, why is it so dang complex to be ME. There are so many people that rob the world of their amazing contributions because they parish with their authentic self still in the cocoon. I did not want to be another one that took their music and potential to the grave.

I do understand that their are people that will read this that will say, what in the world is he talking about. I am who I am and what you see is what you get. That is bull crap and you know it. We all have hopes and dreams that for whatever reason never get pursued. We all have those blemishes in life that no one else should ever see. There are countless things that we allow to stop us from being true to who God created. We have to have the courage to look in the mirror and be proud of the battle scars we see. We have to see the glory, the potential, and yes the hope that is reflecting back in the glass. What we have failed to be or do to this point doesn't matter, what we do going forward is everything.

I'll admit over the last few months I have had some scares. There are times I want to jump up and chase those dreams till I catch them. There are other times I am beat down and just want to give up. Since my last writing I have lost three wonderful friends to cancer. Each loss was tough, and through each one I gained a little more strength. I will be the breath to the breathless as long as I can. I will do everything in my power to live the positive motivating spiritually uplifting life I can. I will not need overtime, I will win in regulation. You will win as well. I know that because you've decided to get in your own game of life and win. Nothing is going to stop us now.

My goal in sharing this, is the hope that you will wake up and chase the dreams you have given up on. Look I am facing a rough road ahead with my stage 4 cancer, but I am going to chase that rainbow as long as I am ALIVE. When I say alive, I mean authentically living ALIVE. If you have been waiting for a sign, let this blog be it. Wake up, your friends, your family, and yourself need to know without a doubt that life isn't over until we give up. There is time on the clock, the hour glass still has some sand. Let's live ALIVE. Today is the day.

Peace and hippie love
Dale

please share thoughts at dalechildress@icloud.com or check me out on facebook.









Comments

Popular Posts