Tim Tebow

It is safe to say that unless you do not have a television, newspaper, or you live in a cave that you have heard of Tim Tebow. Even if you are not a football fan by now you have formed some type of opinion about this young man based on what the media wants you to hear.


 Tim Tebow had a highly successful collegiate career at the University of Florida. I am not sure of his record but I think he probably was one of the best Florida quarterbacks of all time. Before he entered the NFL various people said that he would struggle at the professional level due to his style of playing. I will admit I had no idea one way or the other and I did not keep up with his pro career until the media began to blast him in every outlet.


 What is your opinion of Tim Tebow? You, like me, obviously do not know the man. What I do see is man standing up against the pressures of the American public and politics. In a time where prayer at sporting events and in the classroom is wrong Mr Tebow is willing to stand alone and do it anyway. When the masses are taught not to get involved Tim went the other direction and brought prayer to the locker room. In a time when we are taught to accept what the media tells us in this propaganda filled world Tim stays true to his core beliefs. When others are not willing to stand for something Tim Tebow even with all the pressures of professional sports is willing to stand by his love of the Lord.


 Do I like Tim Tebow? That is a hard question to answer. The things I do not like about him are things I should like about him. I love his morals and ethics yet I chide him for being public about it. I love his competitive nature yet I have called him two faced based on what the media markets tell me. Like Pontius Pilate told the crowds trying to condemn Jesus, I wash my hands clean of the media condemnation of Tim Tebow. I find no fault in the man. Matter of fact I wish more young people would follow his lead instead of the lead of some other high profile sports figures that think expensive parties, alcohol, and drugs are a rite of passage due to success. By the way that is not a measure of success. I do hope you would see Tim Tebow as more successful in life than those that chose alcohol and drugs as their platform.


I may not cheer for your team Mr Tebow but I will cheer for you. While the media cast stones and judgments I will stand up and say thank you for bringing the world of sports back to a respectable reality.


 Why do I write this? I wanted to write something that would express to people how easily influenced we can be by the media. We do not have to know a person to cast the first stone we simply have to believe what we hear. How do you treat people when they are not around to defend themselves? How do you treat yourself? Are you the media firing missiles and wrongly accusing in an effort to sway popular opinion? Or are you the person willing to walk the journey alone in an effort to create a movement that can move a people to action? 


 Will Mr Tebow fall and stumble along the way? You bet he will many times and bless him because the fine folks that love to hate him will gladly say “SEE I TOLD YOU HE WAS NOT THE REAL DEAL”. Oh just for the record they said the same about Jesus, Peter, and Paul. Your walk and your opinions are personal to you however I would ask you to form them with truth not gossip. Spread the message of love and acceptance not one of bigotry, gossip, and hatred. Love can change the world and it happens one person at a time. It can start with you or you can wait for the next train to come along and hope it takes you somewhere different than you have already been. I believe Christ sent you to make the difference, what do you think? 


 Peace to you 
Dale Childress 
dchildress@livinadream.com

Comments

Popular Posts