The Builder

I ran across the poem today by an unknown author called "The Builder". Before you read it I want you to think real hard about whether you think you build people up or tear them down. After you read this absorb it and read it again. As we create the movement to make the world a better place we will need more builders. Enjoy and let me know what think.

I saw them tearing a building down
A team of men in my hometown.
With a heave and a ho and a yes yes yell,
they swung a beam and a sidewall fell.
And I said to the foreman, "Are these men skilled?"
"Like the ones you'd use if you had to build?"
And he laughed and said, "Oh no, indeed...
the most common labor is all I need...
for I can destroy in a day or two
what takes a builder ten years to do."
So I thought to myself as I went on my way...
Which one of these roles am I willing to play?
Am I one who is tearing down as I carelessly make my way around?
Or am I one who builds with care, in order to make the world a
little better... because I was there?


Comments

Popular Posts