Catch me if you can


Catch me if you can!!! I am off and running; I have to get away from everything. All the pain and confusion of past offenses as well as the fears that linger day in and day out. I feel like being on the run is the best alternative. Oh, I am not going anywhere, mind you; I am just running from myself. Hey, I can run fast too, so fast you will never be able to catch me!

I am betting that I can keep the past at bay if I continue running in circles for the rest of my life. The cool thing about this run is that I pass the same thing every day since I am running in a circle, and the best part is that I have no time for the present or future because I have to stay in shape to maintain my speed. Catch me BABY? It ain't happening!

Enough nonsense. We all run from something, whether in our mind, our heart, or our soul. We are constantly writing checks on the bank of life that we can never cash. We outrun life, yet we go nowhere.

For years as a young teen I felt like all I would ever do was run to escape the wrongs I had done. I finally came to grips with that period of life only to discover I was still making mistakes and probably always will. With those errors in my path, I had to keep working hard to figure out how to outrun the past.

Just recently I learned that you can't run from life. We go through life picking up dust and debris along the way with no way to know how to clean it off. Next thing we know, we are all covered in dirt and our mental and emotional compass has lost its direction. Now instead of running, I’ve learned to turn and face my mistakes, deal with them as best I can, and move forward.

If you are a believer in the Gospel, a professed Christian, then you have to know that the present and future is where our hope resides. We can run but we cannot hide, which means we have to quit running from the person that no longer exists. We are a new creation, filled with peace and hope and so much promise. Our future is much brighter than our past. We are going to love people instead of hate them. We are going to make a difference. We will make being a Christian something to be proud of again.

Catch me if you can because this time I am running toward the future. I am flawed and damn proud of it. I have a past filled with mistakes, but I have a future filled with hope. Come and run with me and let's face the flaws that others magnify. We will love them and invite everyone to catch us on the run to Live A Dream.

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts