SELF


I hope you have time for your life. That is a rather profound statement to start off with it yet I think it is so appropriate. We all do so much, our lives are so busy, and at the end of the day, week, or month the one thing we left off is our personal relationship with ourselves. I have written many times about our relationship with God as well as our love for others. I wrote about Matthew 25 where Christ reminds us that what we do for the least of those we do for him. I have written about getting so caught up in our secular existence that we never take time for God, but what I have not written about is taking the time to live our lives.

Over the last couple of weeks I have thought so much about the value of life and how we all seem so rushed and stressed that we can’t even enjoy what God entrusted us with. Have you ever stopped for just a minute and wondered why the heck you do what you do, say what you say, or even think what you think? That has happened to me recently to the point I did not even know who I was anymore. I try hard to be charitable, I go to church often, help out when and where I can, yet there is still something about me that just doesn’t fit. Sound familiar? Are you living a life that is far from what you want? Are you the person that you want to be? Are you living up to the potential that god has given you? These are tough questions to ponder yet so vital in our search for self.

Over the last several years as our economy thrived we found ourselves spending our way to happiness, however a strange thing happened instead of finding happiness we were left with debt, depression, and attics and storage facilities full of items we never needed to start with. As I embarked on my treatment for cancer and met others along the same journey it became crystal clear that we cannot buy happiness, I realized as so many have that the things we buy usually mask the love for ourselves that we have lost over the years. There could very well be some tough months ahead of us and I think it could challenge us to our very core, yet I write today to tell you to stay true to the self you trust and believe in. Take time to renew your spirit, give a fresh beginning to a life you thought was gone, fall in love with the greatest miracle God created and in case you wonder what or who that is, well my friends it is you. We can become dreamers again, we can read a great book, take a walk at the park, share a laugh with a friend, sing in the rain, etc.

I believe that no matter where we are in life there is still time to live. Hope is the one thing no one can take away from us. We can have hope right up to the point of death. Never quit, never give up, have hope, faith, and trust that right now, today, sitting right where you are, you can stop dying and start living. We need to have more life inside us. I hope as you read this you will find the inspiration to change back to the person you once loved, or start loving the person you have come to be.  Life is for the living my friends and as long as we have breath in our bodies live we shall do.

peace to all
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts