Changes

I have discovered over the years even through my own experiences that it is difficult to change the path you are on in life. As you know going to your local bookstore that huge amounts of space are dedicated to spiritual growth and development as well as self help. Obviously it is a large market for these outlets and authors and I seriously doubt that will change anytime soon. That begs a couple of questions I am going to allow myself to explore in this writing. The first is, why is it so tough to change the road we are on? Two, why are there so many self help books yet anxiety and depression are at an all time high?

Life is life point blank. It is a set of situations, circumstances, and life experiences that come together to give us who we are at this very moment. It is easy and sad by the way to explain away your highs and lows of life as just good luck or bad luck. We all too often allow people and institutions to convince us that we are not following the path we should. Sometimes this leads us to making a life changing alteration without due process or at the very least seeing how it could effect you and your family. At some point down the road this usually backfires.

Look I use to love bowling. Not leisure bowling I seriously loved bowling and explored the opportunities to go pro. Many things changed the chase of that dream but the final decision to give up was mine alone. I saw that the pursuit of this dream was possibly stopping me from going after others. I had influence both ways. Keep going and see what happens or quit this is breaking you and the end result would be the same. I use this to point out life. The influence to be or not to be is everywhere. The ultimate person that will decide who you will be is you. Do not hide behind who you really are. Also do not try to convince yourself that you are something that you aren't.

We cannot always change the who or what we are but we can change how we view ourselves which in turn will help us identify the true person we see in the mirror. I am honestly tired of seeing people that view themselves as bad or not worthy of God's love and grace. That is simply not true. Be you and be a great version of you. Society will always try to dictate who and what you should be but in the end the final decision rest on you.

Be not afraid of who you are because you are a product of a loving God. Gays, straights, black, whites, and any other group are still loved by God. Naturally we must promote love and not hate. Assuming you are doing that stand up and be proud of who you are. The main thing is BE who you are. The greatest minds, the greatest achievers, the best athletes are people that basically said screw society because I have so much more to give by being me than I do by being what you want me to be.

Back to the self help books. I love personally love to read and enjoy seeing what others have to say about me and where I am in life. I always get something out of my readings and for a few days I may even point myself in a different direction. Finally though as anxiety begins to mount I find myself right back where I started from. Ten, twenty, thirty books later, I am smarter but not much closer to the dream of being me that continues to elude me. Depression reins high in our world because we try to hard to be like everyone else and give little thought to being we God made us to be. Slow down and accept yourself, change the view you have of life and start to build bridges while tearing down fences. You are ready for the life leap of faith. I am ready to, so let's go.

I am starting today being the best me possible. I hope you will join me in allowing the world to get to know you. See this is our little meet and greet. Now the real movement can begin.

peace to you
Dale
























Comments

Popular Posts