Wild at Heart

I never thought I would like hiking but gosh the beauty of the trails was so incredible that I lost sight of the fact I was climbing. The adventure of that hike will be with me for years to come because hiking is not my thing yet I tried and had fun doing it. I do love to fly and see the world from above. I think the views on a clear day are spectacular from 30,000 feet. There are so many wild at heart crazy adventures that most of us can recall doing or dreaming about that could keep our minds reeling for hours. I mentioned a few of my own  and I bet you have plenty to ad yourself.

Oh the yearning to break free and go again. The fly high, carefree, romantic spirit of living, where did it go. That child like love for nature and daredevil insanity that was your molecular makeup has been replaced by the boredom of routine life. 

I became a husband or a wife. Now that I am a mom or a dad life has to change. I can't be over the edge nutty freaked out kid anymore, I have to be a responsible parent and provider. I am sure you have never laid in bed at time and had thoughts like this

Let's get serious now. I am sure there were times in your life that living on the edge was so fun and exhilarating that you wanted to freeze the moment in time. Then there are those awesome days and years of parenthood that bring with it so much joy and pleasure that words simply can't describe it properly. However there are also those times when you yearn for the freedom to be catwoman or superman again and your brain and people around you say NO. 

You wonder why there is so much lying, cheating, stealing, and let's include depression, divorce, suicide, etc in the world today. This is my opinion only so do not take it as Gospel but you can use it as reference for your own life. When we take away the ability to be the risk taking daredevil that we were created to be we literally cage the animal that lives in us. A caged animal is similar to being backed into a corner. You will do whatever it takes to survive and find the next thrill or you die. Did you know there are people walking around dead to the world? Heck you may be one. 

What I hate to see is others caging the wild at heart adventure that resides in our chemical make up. We were born to be free, we were born to run but our heart that has grown cold says no. Folks if you are a parent would you not want your kids to see you taking risk, having fun, living on the edge sometimes. The alternative is  live a conservative hoo hum life that gets repeated for generations and we go back to the stone ages. Look around and you tell me if society has it right. Drug use is at an all time high. Our jails and prisons are overflowing. People are leaving churches at record breaking numbers. Depression and anxiety has caused the prescription medication use to increase over a 1000% in the last 20 years. Divorce is still to high but even worse people living in dull lifeless marriages is off the charts. 

We have to learn to live again. This is not about breaking the law or cheating on your mate. This is about going skydiving, rocky mountain climbing, riding on a bull named Foo Manchu. This is about fighting for the dream you had but since lost. It is about taking back your life and breaking the chains of bondage that time and society has placed on you. This has nothing to do with skirting responsibility for your family. It is not about cashing in your 401K, it is about coming to life and leaving the dead behind. 

You deserve the best version of you possible. God created you for accomplishment to take risk and appreciate the rewards. Friends there is grace in failing because you took the chance others would not take. Failure is simply the road to success. 

If something is holding you back I say take a hard look and see how to break through those barriers. Do not find excuses to stay bound instead find reasons to take the leap.

We have been suppressed long enough now lets live. The world is about to rock and the devil is shaking in his shoes. We are taking our dreams back and trust me that is Satan's worse nightmare.

peace to you
Dale













\

Comments

Popular Posts