Travel back in time

I wrote this five years ago while going through cancer treatment. I do not remember writing it but I thought it was worth sharing. My writing style has changed now that I am drug (from cancer) free however the message of hope is still the same. I hope you enjoy this message from a long time ago.


A couple of days ago I had a lady ask me if God ever speaks to me, not knowing exactly where she was going with the conversation I had to ask her exactly what she meant. She said that she hears people all the time say to her that God told them to do this or that, so she ask me why God never speaks directly to her. The more I thought about it the more I realized that it should and would be the topic of this week's meditation, hence God speaking to me. 

There are several examples in the Bible where God speaks directly to people, when I bring this fact up more times than not the typical response is, well that was then and this is now, God doesn't speak like that anymore. So my next question is, why do you think God quit speaking to us? Does that make the Bible a book of exceptions and not examples? By now I bet you are wondering where I am going with this, guess what, I am wondering to, so I decided to let God direct me in this writing.

This morning I woke up refreshed and ready to finish what I started. I am convinced if we are receptive to the possibility that our creator speaks to us that we can hear and see what he is trying to say. How does he speak to us? It probably isn’t an audible voice from heaven and the reason I say that is simple. In this day and age if we were to hear voices we would probably think we are going crazy and our friends and family would probably agree. For God to be effective he has to communicate in a way in which we understand and would believe, and what better way to do that than everyday life situations.

God speaks to us, I believe through people we encounter and circumstances we face. We are told that we are created in the likeness and image of God, so that has to mean that God dwells in each of us. As you go through your day  start paying attention to the conversations around you, the smiles, the frowns, the laughter, the sadness, and I bet if you will just absorb what you see and hear, that you will not only be surprised you just might be amazed. God will be everywhere, all the sudden what was once cloudy will become clear, the decisions you struggled with will become easier, your thoughts and actions that you felt were out of line with God’s message will take on new life. Now you can begin to live life with purpose because God is speaking and you are listening. 

I was trying to write a great finish to this meditation, but instead I felt led once again to write from my heart. Just a few minutes ago I got a call from a dear friend fighting cancer and she was explaining to me what her course of treatment would be.  I ask her how she was doing emotionally and spiritually, and what she said will always stick with me. Her reply was simple “I just want to be normal”. I cannot speak for anyone reading this and I certainly would not attempt to understand God’s message to her, but his message to me through her was loud and clear. Live life to the fullest, help those in need, smile often, cry when it hurts, laugh when you can, reach for the sun and settle for the moon, move away from stuff and get closer to friends, appreciate each others differences, and humbly love where others hate. 

I have no words of wisdom this week. The meditation I have written may not have the impact on you that it has on me, so all I ask is be aware of your surroundings and know the person you encounter just might be carrying a message from God.


Dale Childress
Life is great when you are LIVIN A DREAM



























































































































































Comments

Popular Posts