Stairmaster rambling

What a great weekend it has been. Yesterday I ran The Tickle me Pink 5K then went to the gym for a nice workout and topped it off with dinner with friends. Today I wrote my morning blog, did some reading, helped clean the house, and had a good gym workout. Now I think I will sit down and do some more blogging.

I like to write little tidbits and quotes called ragpicker wisdom. I am not implying that I have any wisdom I just enjoy posting positive thought provoking quotes. While I was on the stairmaster a few minutes ago it can across my brain that most people struggle to find something positive in their lives. I really and truly understand that.

I know their are many people who have lives that are a total mess or are so close to a mess it scares the crap out of them. One more bill, one more anything can push some people off the emotional edge. We have all been there to some degree and if we live long enough we will be there again.

I wanted to briefly share some thoughts about that. Life often times is like sports. It can be a game of seconds, points, or inches. One second to late and you lose the race, miss the last shot you lose the game, come up short by an inch you miss the touchdown. Life is not much different. We are so close to disaster that it makes us cringe at what tomorrow brings. Yesterday had it's pain and who knows what will happen in the future. At this rate not sure we even want to know.

So what do we do? Sure on New Year's we make ridiculous resolutions that we forget in 30 days. In the middle of the month we tell ourselves to wait till the first of the month to start something new. Life is always about some elusive date in the future instead of it being about the here and now. To make positive changes we can't wait till the cows come home or the next president life is about US RIGHT NOW.

The current state of affairs in life are not pretty. The positives are that you are alive which means there is hope. Hope is the healing ointment that can cure many ailments. Without hope the downward spiral has no bottom. We have to be instruments of hope if we ever plan to regain our dreams.

In my silly wisdom I want to encourage everyone to start caring more about yourselves so you can learn to care more about others. Yesterdays mistakes may dictate today's problems but it does not decide tomorrow's dream. The sun is going to shine with our without us. Let's do our best to be our game face back on and live the life we have been given. We may not be rich, have the best car, be able to take exotic vacations but we are on this earth because we have meaning. We really do matter. Learn from yesterday and grow into tomorrow.

Remember be an instrument of peace, love, hope, forgiveness, and acceptance. If every action you take and I mean every action has one of those key ingredients yesterdays pain will start healing soon.

peace to you
dale













Comments

Popular Posts