EXPLORE YOURSELF

I have spent hours looking back over my years of writing. It is so very interesting to see the stages of life played out in my words. I always tell myself that I will not write about me or my life but the truth is that it finds it's way into my thoughts that are revealed in my little reflections. 

As I read I realized where my pains and joys resided. For most people reading they would have no idea where my ups and downs were, but looking back it becomes clear. There were times that I was extremely disappointed in my own actions. Other times I found myself depressed or even angry by actions of others that I allowed myself to get caught up in. Then the spiritual and religious roller coaster ride that always seemed to creep in just when I tried so hard to keep it down. 

The best change I found was in the last twelve months when I gave myself permission to explore the freedom of thought God gave us. I decided not to walk with the masses but to challenge my faith in the hopes it would spark others to challenge theirs. That leads me to where I am today. 

The complicated simplicity of life's greatest mysteries. The miracle of man and what our sole and shared purpose may or may not be. Now you will have to admit this is pretty deep stuff. Simple but complicated. 

I wonder why we do what we do outwardly, while inside we battle with what we think we believe. This battle leads us to bondage instead of freedom. For faithful, spiritual people, freedom comes from exploration. So even this begs the question of religion. Does it foster an air of exploration that can lead to spiritual freedom and enlightenment or does it tighten the chains of bondage to the point you lose your zest for life. This is one of those questions that only you know the answer to and few will admit the truth behind their feelings. It is my hope that everyone belongs to a church family that fosters that air of spiritual freedom and exploration. 

Once I decided to open my mind I feel as though I have found out more about life and it's hidden mysteries than ever before. I have been blessed with a group of friends that openly discuss the thoughts most people have to keep secret all their lives. This little group has shined a light from within that illuminates the paths we travel. We were once dead but now we live, we were blind but now we see. The choice to be free to allow God to open our hearts and minds to the real depth of his love is truly amazing. This little groups of friends sparked that belief again. A renewal of faith if you will. 

Where my mind and that of our little discussion group lives there is no hatred, jealousy, bigotry or judgement. We explore the path that the Gospels say Jesus walked. We do not understand forgiveness but we understand it's power. We do not totally understand being accepting, loving, and non judgmental but we see and feel the benefit. 

The freedom to find oneself is so liberating that it will truly change your life almost overnight. You will see things in a light that was once a murky darkness. People will see in you a change that will make them take notice. The frustrations your prejudices created will no longer hold power over you. Now the love of life, the true God given love of life will guide your thoughts all because you, yes you had the courage to break the chains of bondage and give yourself permission to be free. 

Since so many reading this are familiar with scripture I want to close with my all time favorite passage at the end of the story of Lazarus. You will recall that Jesus commands the dead man to come out of the tomb. Now think about your life hear for a few minutes. Scripture tells us that the dead man came out bound head to toe in burial clothes. Absorb this for a moment. Jesus COMMANDS the dead man to come back to life. Come out of the tomb. But guess what Lazarus comes out of the tomb still bound by the same ole habits and traditions that held him captive before his death. I love the last part when Jesus turns to the crowd and says UNBIND THAT MAN. 

Friends it is time we set our faithful spiritual minds free to find the true love that was placed in us at the beginning of creation. The love that has grown cold by a life of bondage. I found the courage to explore and I hope you will too.

peace to you
dale

Comments

Popular Posts