Conversation with a friend!


Excerpts from a conversation with a friend (the friend is the red)

Over the last year I have tried to write more with my own voice and not so much the voice I assumed others wanted to hear. As a writer it is kind of a culture that you write what sells. That makes sense if you are writing to sell however as I allowed myself to be more honest with me I began to notice that I too was writing to the choir and not reaching deep within my soul to allow my music to be heard. Even though in the last few months I have taken the brash move to allow my thoughts to come out. The more I read about Christ the more I realized how truly individual he desired us to be. We are not manufactured from a production line, we are like the snowflake, each designed with beauty and meaning. The only way to live our meaning is to find the courage to be real.

I have however in all honesty learned more about my faith and spirituality in the last year than I ever thought possible. I have learned to be me, and to accept me. That has been a struggle for most of my life as it is for most people. I feel confident God desired us to explore the depths of our being.

 I believe it is so important to realize who and what we are. Depression, anger, anxiety, and just bad health come into play when society molds us into something we were never intended to be. It is society bullying at its best. It is not easy to break free from those chains because we also hold others to the standards we ourselves do NOT want to be held too. We become society bullies without realizing it.

I can be ME & I CAN accept me....however when I put some thought into it, I'm my own worst enemy. I'm not the best person in the world, also not the worst person in the world. I'm not trying to be the best. Maybe that's the problem. I do agree with you.......we do hold others to the standards that we don't want to be held to or cannot be held to. Hmmmm.......I don't want to think about it.

I actually LIKE me though....Is that so bad?

That is the point. I know you very well and that makes me appreciate you even more. I feel like I know the real you and that is so wonderful. We all have a real side to us we just can't expose it because the world condemns it.

 I think it is a true gift when you can be real to someone. Trust me there are so many people dying inside because they can't express their individuality. They can never be the best version of themselves possible for fear they will be rejected by others. Not to make this spiritual but Jesus faced the exact same thing. Society could not conform him so they killed him. That is what happens every day in life, we can't conform people so we emotionally kill them by making them feel bad about who they are. I finally love me. I finally have the courage to write about and speak about life the way I see it. I may be wrong but I express my views in peaceful loving ways. It is not my intention to change people or harm them I simply want to express who I am.

I think it's great! I think you reach so many people. You're out there spreading the love & peace. That's what we're on earth for.

I hope so but then there are times I think I have it all wrong. But once I sit down and allow myself to see that everything I do I do in peace I convince myself I am ok. I just want to enjoy all the senses God gave me. I want to feel things do things experience things. I want to try things others will not. I do not want to say no I want to say yes. I want to be raw and real at the same time. Not sure if this makes sense or not.

Yes, it certainly does make sense to me.




Peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts