I can only imagine

The power is in one of these:
I wish I had or I am glad I did?

Life is short as we all know and it can change in an instant. Over the last couple weeks I have been talking to a lady that has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. We have spoken at length about the lost hope she faced at the hands of the well intentioned medical community. They were providing medical facts, what she was looking for was a medical miracle or HOPE. At 53 she was at the end, or was she?

Here is a lady that went to the doctor for lower back pain. No big deal she thought. Maybe a pulled muscle or at worst a slip disc. Never in her wildest imagination did she factor in pancreatic cancer. One phone call changed her total view of life. Now there was a sense of urgency and despair. Why didn't I do this or thought, my life had no meaning, I never told my best friend how much she meant to me, I will never see my grand-kids graduate, I will not live to enjoy retirement years. The emotion and stress in her voice was heart breaking to me. Three hospitals sent her home to enjoy her final days of life. ENJOY, are you crazy, you just told me I was dying. All she was searching for was HOPE she found none. Let me just say the power of hope is beyond words. Hope is free yet most fail to give it, WHY?


I am happy to say today she is heading out to a specialty hospital out of state that offered her hope. Her mood went from learning to die to learning to live. I do not know what they will tell her but I do the light at the end of the tunnel just got brighter.

You see in life we all get in our routines that carry us through each day. Occasionally we will step out but not often enough for it to matter. In my years of talking to people facing life threatening cancer I find it absolutely amazing that no one has ever wished they worked more to make more. Without fail all of these people wished they had done more fun meaningful things they were passionate about but instead learned at an early age how to die while still alive. That is true, think about it. We are taught to live responsible conservative lives. It sounds good until we face the end and wonder why we did not live while we had life in us.

Life is what life is. The sun will come up and it will surely set. Seasons will change, the wind will blow, and rain will fall. We can't change the weather patterns in which we live but what we can change is the way we focus on the storms brewing inside us. Change the way you view life and you can change your life. Where you are is where you are so be there, all of you, 100%. Once you accept who and where you are then and only then can you create the desire to move forward. Life is about living it is not about dying. The dying will come with or without our help. The living is where our focus should be.

What do you live for? What are you passionate about?

Take a break and watch this five minute video. Let's start focusing on living within the life we have. Let's learn to love, really love. Do not wait for something bad to  happen go out and make something good happen.

Start dreaming again. Repair the damaged relationship you have with yourself. From this moment forward deem yourself worthy of living life to the fullest. Never judge others for the choices they make instead focus on the choices you have yet to make. Climb that mountain and when you get to the top enjoy the awesome view that few will ever see. You were in fact born to live. From this moment forward I am going to live a dream. How about you?

peace to you
Dale

Comments

Popular Posts