Life on the edge

I just read a quote that said "you can't start a new chapter in life if you keep rereading the old one". Now that my friends is profound and so true. I write frequently about change and taking charge of your life. This quote hit me to the point I decided to sit down and write about it.


In life we continue to replay the same old habits and somewhere along the line we think that something will change. Maybe luck will play it's hand or maybe the grace of God will foster change without us having to participate. Neither is likely to happen which means if you want life to be better you have to do something you haven't already done. It takes courage to change. Anyone can talk the talk but few can walk the walk. When life is on cruise control it is so easy to talk those big plans about what you are going to do on that elusive date in the future. Granted that date never comes or if it does you make up some excuse as to why you did not take action. Change does not happen unless you are a proponent and participant in the change.

There are situations in life where change is forced. Some call it a God thing and some call it a curse. Either way when life throws you the old curve ball you either dodge it, hit it, or get  hit by it. I prefer to hit the dang ball because that gives you the strength to move on.

Few people are so happy with their lives that they do not aspire for greater things. For those few my hat is off to you and I hope that the ride continues forever. For those of us that are heading the wrong way or heading the right way to slow I see let's find the intestinal fortitude to pick up the speed and get going. Life is so short and waiting for the cows to come home just brings the hour glass of death closer to fruition. It is time to live, to shine, to be the absolute best version of you possible. We have adapted to what society wants long enough and all it has gotten us is a nation laced with prescription medication so as to avoid the stress we have placed on ourselves.

I can't see life through your eyes, nor can you see life through anyone else's. Not that it matters because I am trying to take away the excuses not condone them. Anyone can say "Oh you just do not know what all is going on in my life". That is true I do not but I do know if you are living and breathing you have the ability to be greater than the day before.

WOW look at what reading one little quote did. I got excited and got to writing. I suppose that is enough for one day. Peace to you all and please give serious consideration to waking up the sleeping giant inside you. Life is precious and there is little time to enjoy it which means we have to get going.

Dale

Comments

Popular Posts