Believe it Live it


What is stopping you from having hope? I will admit life has a unique way of robbing our ability to have hopes and dreams. But it also has a special way of rewarding those that find ways to keep dreaming through the obstacles. I often write this quote, "LIVIN A DREAM BELIEVE IT LIVE IT". What does it mean to me? It means believe in the power of your dreams and live it.

There was a time in my writings to where I tried to be politically correct. I would write in such a way that discretely promoted my religious affiliation. Once I gave myself permission to write from the heart amazing things started to happen. I began to believe in the power of love, the power of God, the power of people. It was and is a great feeling. Once I found the courage to explore myself in new ways my world opened up to me. As the song amazing grace so innocently says "I was lost but now I am found". It wasn't my church that found me, it wasn't someone else's church or religion, it was the fall from grace that provided the parachute of hope. I believe God saved me from the fall to give me the humble strength to speak out about the power of love.

I do not sit back and wait for God's plan in my life, I am now an active participant. I refuse to get caught up in the doomsday, political, controlling, mind numbing jargon splattered across the media, oh no, I choose to find the good in life and live it. I love to read the Bible, I am not one that believes in the absolute truth in every word because that would be kinda weird beings that it has been rewritten and translated well over 50,000 times. It would be difficult to say I believe in this version or that version so I simply read it for the life lessons that it contains. There are powerful life lessons of which few churches seem to teach anymore. As in Darwinian literature we see the survival of the fittest, well churches around the world face that same monstrous theory. Survive and thrive or simply die. It is not always the ones that teach the Gospel of Christ love that succeeds, it is the ones with charismatic leaders that can entice others to share their money to grow and expand the church. When the leader leaves or falls from grace we usually see the once prosperous church fall as well. I must say that there are plenty of churches out there that do promote love as Christ promoted love so I am not here to condemn churches I am sharing my thoughts that some churches place money and power above love of neighbor.

That is why I believe in the power of love, acceptance, and forgiveness. I believe our differences is what unites us. Hate and division is what causes more hate and division. When judgement is placed on my sins because they are different than yours, there in lies a problem that cannot promote love. Accepting our differences and learning to grow together as one is so much more productive than inciting people to follow your lead and hate. We were created different so that we can become one, Our culture promotes the flavor of the minute. We can be moved to hatred by a news blast and moved to pity moments later. That aptly applies to our lives, we can hate a group of people that society has labeled, and we can love another group that possibly supports something we are passionate about. You see life has a bit of narcissism doesn't it.

My hopes and dreams exist today because I made a choice to find myself. I no longer wanted to be the person others molded me to be, I just want to find and be the best version of Dale possible. It is not without constant struggles because the search for self comes with choices that have to be made. I can either follow the traditional path that others have paved that collects gossip, hate, and judgement, or I can set off on my own and lead my life towards loving others, accepting and forgiving, as well as not judging. It is not always a happy journey because the search for self is risky business. Others will not encourage the search however if you want to have high hopes and big dreams it is a journey worth embarking on.

peace to you
Dale
















Comments

Popular Posts